Suburban Deer

eddiewiggles

FNG
Classified Approved
I used to work at a small grocery store when I was in high school. I ran a register most of the time and since it was a small local store, most of our customers were the same older folks.

One summer, the same lady came in a few times over the course of a week or two buying tomato plants. I made a comment about how massive her garden must be and she replied with a comment about how she can’t have one because the deer keep eating it. I got her phone number and hunted over there a couple years under the promise that I would kill every deer I saw. It was archery only in a pretty busy neighborhood. First deer I killed was a small buck in velvet and of course it ran right across the road. As soon as I stepped onto the road a cop came over the hill and I got to explain what I was doing. He didn’t give me any trouble. Had another doe on a death run go about 5 houses down and slowly die in someone’s back yard. After I got out of the army I tried to get back in touch with her but the number has been disconnected and I left it alone. I would’ve loved to see what kind of quality deer I could’ve killed out of her yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildShot

FNG
I have deer around my house that i watch and feed. I could legally shoot one with a bow but havnt yet. If one like you have pictured shows i will be hanging a lock on

Swamp Fox

WKR
Awesome bucks but it's just not the same shooting them in your back yard. It's like shooting them over a feeder.
No.

Suburban hunting isn't usually 'shooting them in your backyard' and not all feeder situations are what you think.

That said, suburban hunting is not for me.

I'm 98 percent sure if suburban hunting were all that was open to me, I'd hang it up.

Rich M

WKR
Whatever is legal.

The guy who wont shoot a “180” buck in his back yard just might be a liar.

I shot a legal doe out of my living room window once and had no problem skinning and processing it. No guilt or lost sleep.

Dont look a gift horse in the mouth.

Long Cut

WKR
Whatever is legal.

The guy who wont shoot a “180” buck in his back yard just might be a liar.

I shot a legal doe out of my living room window once and had no problem skinning and processing it. No guilt or lost sleep.

Dont look a gift horse in the mouth.
To each their own my friend.

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
I grew up just south of Atlanta in the back of a 400+ home subdivision. Our house had 5 acres and our neighbor had 5 acres that backed up to a 300+ acre deer lease. I killed my first several deer about 100 yards shy of our property line. Whoever owned the lease sold when I was in high school and neighborhoods started going in but there are still deer back there.

Barely 100" but my biggest to date whitetail. Saw a few larger than him but wasn't ever able to close the deal. Funny thing about this deer is I was in the stand about 5 minutes before I shot him but spent 4 hours picking through thickets to find him. Only ran about 100 yards but I lost blood pretty quickly.
b28fac160632cb08df174578a70e5d47.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk