Suburban Deer

eddiewiggles

FNG
Classified Approved
I used to work at a small grocery store when I was in high school. I ran a register most of the time and since it was a small local store, most of our customers were the same older folks.

One summer, the same lady came in a few times over the course of a week or two buying tomato plants. I made a comment about how massive her garden must be and she replied with a comment about how she can’t have one because the deer keep eating it. I got her phone number and hunted over there a couple years under the promise that I would kill every deer I saw. It was archery only in a pretty busy neighborhood. First deer I killed was a small buck in velvet and of course it ran right across the road. As soon as I stepped onto the road a cop came over the hill and I got to explain what I was doing. He didn’t give me any trouble. Had another doe on a death run go about 5 houses down and slowly die in someone’s back yard. After I got out of the army I tried to get back in touch with her but the number has been disconnected and I left it alone. I would’ve loved to see what kind of quality deer I could’ve killed out of her yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk