Struggling to see the point of 6.5's

JjamesIII

WKR
You are evaluating the wrong bullets. Monos suck. The benefit to a 6.5 is they shoot high BC, high sectional density bullets with very little recoil. If your animals aren’t dropping after being shot with a 6.5 its because you are using the wrong bullets or are a piss poor shot. If you are a piss poor shot and are thinking a 300 mag will compensate for that, you are mistaken.

My 6.5 PRC has the same or better ballistics as a 7mm RM, with less recoil, less powder and just as much “killing power”.

Your 708 may hang with the 6.5 creemoor out to 500, but after that the little 6.5 will win

JjamesIII

WKR
You are evaluating the wrong bullets. Monos suck. The benefit to a 6.5 is they shoot high BC, high sectional density bullets with very little recoil. If your animals aren’t dropping after being shot with a 6.5 its because you are using the wrong bullets or are a piss poor shot. If you are a piss poor shot and are thinking a 300 mag will compensate for that, you are mistaken.

My 6.5 PRC has the same or better ballistics as a 7mm RM, with less recoil, less powder and just as much “killing power”.

Your 708 may hang with the 6.5 creemoor out to 500, but after that the little 6.5 will win.
Monos absolutely suck compared to lead core bonded bullets. Well said on your end! BC and KE. One helps you hit where you’re aiming, the other wrecks what you hit👍🏻

TxxAgg

WKR
this is offensive comment and something I would never think id read on rokslide
I saw that and thought it was a shitty thing to say and then considered the source. I've seen some bravado thrown around.