Struggling to find deer in CO

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Try BELOW timberline.

That's the plan, spent all day today driving forest roads and glassing and trying to find a few pockets with no hunters in them. No such luck. So I'm headed back into the wilderness and hunting aspens and brush, gonna try to cover several spots in a few says.

Good luck. I was in the high country and the bucks were coming up from below tree line in the morning and bedding in krumholts above during the day.

G Posik

WKR
Ron it was a tough season for me. Very few animals to be seen. Then when I did get on one I screwed up. oh well live and learn.

Glenn

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Finally got on a doe, stalk didn't go my way (note to self: the brush in the brush country of Colorado is taller than it looks), but I got a stalk in. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Bar

Banned
This is killing me. I went out this morning to see if I could find a bear. I'm sneaking along trying to be quiet on an old logging road that's just a trail now. I heard a twig snap and I froze. Slowly I peak around a tree and there's a beautiful 4 point mature buck. (10 point to the non-westerners) Standing broadside to me at 60yds. I was at about 11,000ft not far under timberline. He'll be a lot lower come my deer tag at the end of Oct, but it sure was nice getting a good look at him.

So, look for bucks up high right now. At least some of them. This is the 2nd nice one i've run into in the last week.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Ahhh, gotcha. Should be really similar to where I'm at then. Crazy.