String change fail

1jeds

FNG
I decided that I'd learn to maintain and tune my own bow this year. I have an EZ Green press and needed a new string on my Hoyt Ventum 33 so I figured I'd start there. Fresh new catfish customs string/cables came in this week and I was pumped.

After swapping them out and tying in a nock set/d-loop I started to draw it back on the draw board. Well the string popped off and my cams/limbs are bent to hell. I should have taken pictures before, and even though I changed one at a time, I second guessed myself when it was all together because the cables didn't match the stock pictures online. That was an expensive mistake.

I guess I'll wait a few weeks for the 2025 announcements, I was hoping to keep using this bow for a while (it's the 2021 model).

Ho5tile1

WKR
Man that stinks sry to hear that man hope you have a back up bow. At least you learned something that will carry over to the next bow. If it was mine I would for sure get it fixed take to the shop you got it from if your able Hoyt may help you out worth a shot I hit my VXR cam on my tree stand years ago and bent my cam to hell as well took it to the shop told them it was my fault and Mathews took care of it free of charge. I’d get it fixed and get a new bow and keep it as a back up bow. I keep 3 bows set up just for hunting. I hunt with one till I kill a something then switch to the the next and so on. Well for sure take many pics next time and good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
Got a buddy that has dry fired every bow he owns.....

It's a sound that carries pretty well

I’ve only done it twice, but within 2 weeks of each other. Dry fired my bow, replaced the cams, went and shot the bow and did it again. 2 of the dumber moments of my life.

And that’s a noise you’ll never forget. It’s kind of a twang with a heavy dose of regret and sorrow.

I’ve only done it twice, but within 2 weeks of each other. Dry fired my bow, replaced the cams, went and shot the bow and did it again. 2 of the dumber moments of my life.

And that’s a noise you’ll never forget. It’s kind of a twang with a heavy dose of regret and sorrow.

He dry fired one day he got it back.

And I know I have stopped him several times.

Drop away rests, nobody watches their arrows. I use a blade, and shake like a crack baby, gotta keep an eye on things.

I have had a few nocks blow, it's a sound and smell you don't forget.