Stratus Bibs

Jermh

Lil-Rokslider
In the process of upgrading my whitetail layering system. For up top I'm liking a merino base, Patagonia R1, and a Jetstream...I've found that that combo can take me down to as cold as I'll realistically need for archery deer in mid MO for the most part. If nothing else I'll just throw a carhartt over top. I'm curious about the Stratus bibs though. Early to mid season I'll roll with a merino base and Attack pants just need something for when it's gets colder and the wind gets whippin. Any complaints on the Stratus bibs? Also, sizing...I'm 5-11 and 170 pounds and I was figuring on a size Large. Anybody similar size that can confirm?

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
I am the same size as you and wear a size large in the Stratus bibs. I like them a lot and wear them down to the low 30s.

I love my stratus bibs. Size L sounds correct for you. I’m not going to hunt if I’m still cold with stratus bibs and a few layers underneath

WoodBow

WKR
They only downside i can say about the stratus is they are very expensive to be nothing but a quiet windproof shell layer. They have basically no insulation value. You will need significant insulation under them to hunt 40 or lower. The good news is they have plenty of room for layering, but manage to not feel baggy. I think I will probably start wearing my puffy pants under them. I almost bought the high loft sitka bibs designed to be worn under waders. They are a non compressable fleece. I feel like they would have worked well under the stratus.

Im 6ft 170-175 and have medium.I can layer a few pieces under and they are form fitting.I cant stand baggy cloths.Medium stratus jacket and a large fanatic jacket as I wanted to be able to were more in winter.

hemlock1

FNG
In the process of upgrading my whitetail layering system. For up top I'm liking a merino base, Patagonia R1, and a Jetstream...I've found that that combo can take me down to as cold as I'll realistically need for archery deer in mid MO for the most part. If nothing else I'll just throw a carhartt over top. I'm curious about the Stratus bibs though. Early to mid season I'll roll with a merino base and Attack pants just need something for when it's gets colder and the wind gets whippin. Any complaints on the Stratus bibs? Also, sizing...I'm 5-11 and 170 pounds and I was figuring on a size Large. Anybody similar size that can confirm?
I love my fanatic bibs for warmth, and am interested in trying the stratus bibs with proper layers to rid myself of the berber. All about the wind proof though. Size sounds right

OP
Jermh

Jermh

Lil-Rokslider
I love my fanatic bibs for warmth, and am interested in trying the stratus bibs with proper layers to rid myself of the berber. All about the wind proof though. Size sounds right

I thought I was interested in the fanatic but for what these things cost I feel like I will get my money's worth a lot more with the status just because I'll be able to wear them for a way bigger chunk of the year with appropriate layering

Really like mine. Extremely versatile for different temp ranges. Wear them from 15-50 with layers. Leg zips open up well for venting on the way in. They are dead silent too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
They are very versatile and warmer than they should be. With a light weight bottom layer and Wrangler outdoor pants under the Stratus bibs, I'm good down to the low 30's. They are a little bulky but are nice.

Side note: I have one set each of Rogers Terek and Scheels Antler River bibs because I wanted something similar to you but just couldn’t pull the trigger on Sitka for whitetail hunting (also mid MO). Use and enjoy Sitka and other premium brands for backpacking and mountain hunting.

I’m going to return one…haven’t decided yet…but I think either will do the trick.

mwh624

FNG
Tough to beat the Stratus set for versatility. The jacket and bibs are what I use for 60-30 degrees

hemlock1

FNG
I thought I was interested in the fanatic but for what these things cost I feel like I will get my money's worth a lot more with the status just because I'll be able to wear them for a way bigger chunk of the year with appropriate layering
The used fanatic lite bibs i have serve me well until cold enough to use the full fanatics. Probably main thing keeping me from trying the stratus. Wind proof though, you're golden with the stratus it sounds.

PAPublic

FNG
Stratus bibs are one of the best whitetail bottoms - fairly light/packable, quiet, and layer under well. In late cold season I can comfortably fit lightweight bottom, heavy bottom, and puffy down pants under. Large should be good for late season layering