Stone Glacier Packs for Short Torsos

Hi everyone, do you have experience running the stone glacier packs and also have a short torso? I'm 5'2" with a 16" torso and stone recommends their krux frame, which looks awesome. The only catch is I can't find many posts of people like me running this pack so I just wanted to reach out to gather any of your input/experience.

Here are some thoughts running through my mind.

- Need to backpack between 3-5 days
- have ultralight gear so I don't need a ton of volume
- is stone's 26 inch frame way too tall in some of your experience?
- for shorter torsos did you find that you couldn't get the right fit on your hips?
- for shorter torsos did you find that you couldn't get the right combination of weight on hips and shoulders?

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you can't get a SG to work, PM or email me at [email protected], and I may be able to help.

Our packs are sized for smaller folks. My kid is 5'3" and uses a 22" frame with his Elkhorn setup. Also, we now have a 4000-inch bag which should be enough for 3-5 days-- just need to get it on our website. I will probably use the big bag and 22" frame for a backpack trip next summer.

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have an 17.5” torso and the SG was to tall for me. I went with an Exo 24” frame and it is perfect.

Last edited:

gtriple

WKR
I'd recommend the XS (extra small) Exo frame. It was a game changer for my 5'2" fiance.

I'm 5'6", unsure of my torso length as I haven't measured in a few years. I tried out a SG Evo framed pack this summer. I was able to dial in the fit and get it to ride comfortably without much fuss - however I do where my packs pretty high on my waist/hips (buckle is usually at or just below my belly button, and the top of the pack frame ended up being above my head. Way too tall for me at least, made me feel really unstable with any weight in the pack. I went to an Exo short frame and couldn't be happier with it!