Stockys Tikka Carbon Fiber VG stocks

270quest

WKR
Whats the overall consensus on these stocks? Worth the $550 upgrade? Thinking about pulling the trigger and ordering one of the marbled color options for the 22 creedmoor. Seems like jumping to an Alpine or McMillan is now in the $700 range.

I've used multiple samples of the following brands on Tikka rifles over the last few years... McMillan, Manners, AG Composites, Mesa Altitude, and KRG.

For an all around general hunting rifle stock the Stockys VG2 and the Rokstock made by @Unknown Munitions are my personal favorites (very minimal use on the Rokstock but it's been really good so far).

Call and they will likely provide 30% off and free shipping. They provided a coupon code ROKSLIDE30 previously and will likely allow it for current orders. Their customer service is superb and im really happy with mine. They may be incorporating some changes in trigger reach in the future

Trigger reach is a little long for some, I don’t mind it. Other than that it’s a fantastic stock. I think they still have the rokslide30 promo code working as well. So sub $400. For that price it’s a no brainer.

I’d order the sendero/m24 profile barrel channel for more freefloatability. It’s a real word.

I got mine for $385 as bare carbon and it weighs 23-24 oz. The trigger reach was the only thing I wasn’t fond of, so I added some material to shorten the trigger reach to about 1.5” and painted it. It added about an ounce to the stock. I think it’s one of the better stocks available for Tikkas, and cost wise it’s certainly one of the most reasonable. The inletting was really good. Mine required a little (maybe a minute) sanding in the floor plate inlet. I bought the spotter barrel inlet which fit perfectly, but I opted to open it up for a slightly bigger free float. Took me 5-10 minutes with some sandpaper on a 3/4” socket to do it. Stocky’s offers inlets for multiple barrel profiles, so you can get what you want.

Attachments

• IMG_2336.jpeg
    IMG_2336.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2788.jpeg
    IMG_2788.jpeg
    343.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2794.jpeg
    IMG_2794.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 26

Back