Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

Luvda208

FNG
I have seen multiple references that the composite they use in the action area is extremely hard and pillars are not needed. I just got delivery of a VG for a Tikka and there is absolutely no room for bedding and the fit is very tight. I don't see a lot of benefit to dremeling it out to replace it with another epoxy.

brazz04

FNG
Are you guys bedding these stocks? While not a VG, I have a Stockys carbon hunter for a Tikka build on my workbench, wondering if I should bed the recoil lug only, bed the action too, install pillars too?

Curious what most guys have done or recommend.
I haven't, my 7PRC honestly shoots too well to mess with. It's been a solid performer since I assembled the rifle so figured it's plenty good for me.

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
Looks good!

What did you build it up with?
Thanks you. I used plumbers epoxy putty from ace and marine tex. Used about half the tube of expect putty, which was really easy to use, shape and sand after. I didn’t quite get the texture I wanted from the marine Tex but still works good and has a good grip to it.

Are you guys bedding these stocks? While not a VG, I have a Stockys carbon hunter for a Tikka build on my workbench, wondering if I should bed the recoil lug only, bed the action too, install pillars too?

Curious what most guys have done or recommend.

I have 3 and I have bedded none of them. As pointed out, they are a tight fit already, so there is no real need to bed it.

Dobermann

WKR
Tempted just to leave it like this ... rat rod style, and I like the irony of having spent so long on the original camo and texture job only to now build up the grip!

One thing I found is that, to fit my hand, I didn't need to make it vertical all the way to the bottom - my hand fits the upper section well.

DSC09134.JPG

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
We’re trying to get as much inventory out before the hurricane hits on Wednesday so here’s some specials we’re running.
In stock Carbon blank barrels $599
In stock Carbon pre fit barrels $749
In stock steel barrels $300

Any carbon stock in stock $350 (you will have to call to place the order to get that pricing)

Call if you want something you don’t see listed in stock. We will go through the shelves and see if we can find it.

Any carbon stock in stock $350 (you will have to call to place the order to get that pricing)

Call if you want something you don’t see listed in stock. We will go through the shelves and see if we can find it.

Does that include the ones that are hydro-dipped and/or painted?