Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

How about a new mold with shorter trigger reach. Add ons add unnecessary weight, complexity, and cost
I’m hoping for something to add to my existing stock to make it closer to the Rokstock, rather than having to start over and buy again. Money is starting to get thin…and when you’ve already got a few of these, replacing multiple gets pretty spendy.

I wish I had the money and could just buy Rokstocks for all, but not feasible.

Did you see the pics of the Rokstok mold?
I can't imagine that's a cheap or simple option.

Yes. I know that would not be cheap to start, but it would provide a better end product long term that I and likely many others would prefer and I would think stockys would also want that as well. As to whether or not that would greatly increase the price of the Tikka stock, I don't know. It would probably decrease the frequency of sales they have initially, but after the cost is recovered I think they would be cheap again

Added a VG to my CTR and so far it is an improvement over the stock CTR stock. I have a Rokstock on order for this rifle so once it comes in the VG will go to a different Tikka.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
After using the VG in a lot of hunting over the last month, it's a pretty good stock. The trigger reach is a little long but it's not bad. I do choke up a bit for it. In colder weather I usually wear a thin wool glove with a thick glomitt over it. The thick palm on the glomitt cuts the reach just a bit.

The Rokstok will be an improvement, but the VG is still a pretty good stock.

Waxy

FNG
This thread is information overload.

Without being able to try all of these stocks for several days, I'm not sure how you'd ever get the right one, or even know when you've found the right one.

I think I'm more confused than when I started...

Waxy

Harvey_NW

WKR
This thread is information overload.

Without being able to try all of these stocks for several days, I'm not sure how you'd ever get the right one, or even know when you've found the right one.

I think I'm more confused than when I started...

Waxy
I'm working on modifying a couple right now and will post a thread with my results, but IMO the Stocky's are economical for the tinkerer. If you're not afraid of taking a dremel or sandpaper to a new purchase to shape it into what you deem perfection, I recommend them all day. If you expect a perfect drop in fit with optimal specs I would advise spending the extra money and going with something more tailored to your expectation.

atmat

WKR
New website dropped View attachment 667043

Looks really good. Much easier to navigate and glad to see the new t1x option
That’s my T1x action it’s modeled on 😍

Is it me, or did the advertised base price increase quite a bit? Looks to be $899; if I recall before, they were listed at $699.

Edit: Disregard, there's an error on the website which Stockys promptly addressed.

Last edited:

Archer86

WKR

Is it me, or did the advertised base price increase quite a bit? Looks to be $899; if I recall before, they were listed at $699.
At that price I would go with other options i have a stockys carbon stocks the quality is not the same level as other makers. When they where cheaper it made a little sense but at the price I would not even consider it

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor

We’re still working through the website page by page. Unfortunately a lot of imports messed up pricing a few times which had to be fixed repeatedly. I have updated all of the products MSRP to the correct $699 price.

They are all still our regular sale price of $548.

Thanks for pointing it out. One less thing off the list!

atmat

WKR
We’re still working through the website page by page. Unfortunately a lot of imports messed up pricing a few times which had to be fixed repeatedly. I have updated all of the products MSRP to the correct $699 price.

They are all still our regular sale price of $548.

Thanks for pointing it out. One less thing off the list!
See, this right here is why Rokslide loves y'all. At that retail price, you're much cheaper than the competition, and you respond super quick.

Pumped to pick up a T1x stock.

For the people that have both the vg and the krg bravo I’d like a new stock for my tikka 6.5 creed that is used/ going to be used for NRL hunter and hunting. I can see benefits to each and the biggest drawback for the bravo is the weight for hunting obviously but that’s good for NRL. I like the aics mags but do have 5 round tikka mags if I went the vg.

For the people that have both the vg and the krg bravo I’d like a new stock for my tikka 6.5 creed that is used/ going to be used for NRL hunter and hunting. I can see benefits to each and the biggest drawback for the bravo is the weight for hunting obviously but that’s good for NRL. I like the aics mags but do have 5 round tikka mags if I went the vg.
I've got both... adjustable cheek riser on the bravo is nice, and the grip to trigger length is shorter than on the vg... but I add my own spacers to solve both problems... and in the end the bravo is a lot more weight to haul around. The tikka mags are also a weight savings over most aics style mags... although the new mdt 3 round poly short action mags are lighter. I think you can get an aics style bottom metal for aftermarket tikka stocks... but don't quote me on that.

I've got both... adjustable cheek riser on the bravo is nice, and the grip to trigger length is shorter than on the vg... but I add my own spacers to solve both problems... and in the end the bravo is a lot more weight to haul around. The tikka mags are also a weight savings over most aics style mags... although the new mdt 3 round poly short action mags are lighter. I think you can get an aics style bottom metal for aftermarket tikka stocks... but don't quote me on that.

Stockys reuses the tikka mags correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk