Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

khuber84

WKR
Yes super easy just drill your holes necessary sized and used the added t round nut that is supplied with the SRS rails. Then I epoxy over the top on the inside to make it nice.
Good deal. I've installed a lot in other stocks, just didn't see much for barrel contour pics to see if it's carbon laid, or fill. Appreciate the info.

As previously mentioned, I modified my VG to shorten the trigger reach. Started with 4 layers of cork tape on the front of the grip, 1" wide and about 1/16" thick. Then started applying several layers of JB Weld, shaping and sanding between applications. I did maybe 3-4 batches of JB until I was happy with the shape. A couple coats of filler primer smoothed out any blemishes. Finished it off by applying some Harbor Freight spray-on truck bed liner using a sponge for texture, then a good ol' sponge camo paint job for the rest of the stock.

Trigger reach is now a very comfortable 1.75", and the grip shape feels better then ever.

Turned out awesome! On the sponge camo panttern on the rest of the rifle, what paint did you use? Prime or sand all at? Or just sponge it right on to the stock?

As previously mentioned, I modified my VG to shorten the trigger reach. Started with 4 layers of cork tape on the front of the grip, 1" wide and about 1/16" thick. Then started applying several layers of JB Weld, shaping and sanding between applications. I did maybe 3-4 batches of JB until I was happy with the shape. A couple coats of filler primer smoothed out any blemishes. Finished it off by applying some Harbor Freight spray-on truck bed liner using a sponge for texture, then a good ol' sponge camo paint job for the rest of the stock.

Trigger reach is now a very comfortable 1.75", and the grip shape feels better then ever.
So my question…who is good enough with 3D printing that they could make an “extension” that could just click on or around the current stock? Figuring you could stick it on with something like double sided tape or even glue? Or am I missing something here? Would definitely be “easier” and could make it look nice if done in blacks or greys.

grfox92

WKR
So my question…who is good enough with 3D printing that they could make an “extension” that could just click on or around the current stock? Figuring you could stick it on with something like double sided tape or even glue? Or am I missing something here? Would definitely be “easier” and could make it look nice if done in blacks or greys.
I've had this idea for grips as well as cheek risers.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

I've had this idea for grips as well as cheek risers.

I think this would be an awesome idea! Let me know how people can get involved! I just listened to the Shoot to Hunt Podcast about the Rokstock and want to try and do a better job of making this already good stock even closer to the Rokstock. I wish I had all sorts of money and could just replace them all, but I can’t. So gonna try and put some lipstick on the pig (though this pig is pretty darn nice already), metaphorically speaking.

grfox92

WKR
I think this would be an awesome idea! Let me know how people can get involved! I just listened to the Shoot to Hunt Podcast about the Rokstock and want to try and do a better job of making this already good stock even closer to the Rokstock. I wish I had all sorts of money and could just replace them all, but I can’t. So gonna try and put some lipstick on the pig (though this pig is pretty darn nice already), metaphorically speaking.

I know who's very well versed at 3d printing......Stockys.

I added an SRS balance Arca and also drilled the front to add a spartan bipod flush mount, no issues at all.

How thick was the stock material where you mounted the balance arcs and bipod mount? Is it simple the stock material that the screws grabbed to or did you add something like JB weld inside the stock?

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
How thick was the stock material where you mounted the balance arcs and bipod mount? Is it simple the stock material that the screws grabbed to or did you add something like JB weld inside the stock?
There is dense material all the way through. The inner material is softer than the carbon but still hard. Maybe @Stockys can tell us more about it. I drilled a bigger hole to put a recessed nut on the back side.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
There is about 1/4” of carbon shell filled with a syntactic foam. You would definitely need epoxy or a nut to securely keep it in place.

khuber84

WKR
When mounting rails and accessories, I typically drill a 3/4" hole w/ forstner bit down to the shell. Attach my hardware using T nuts. I then add some Hornady unique case lube to the bottom of the hole covering any of the exposed hardware/screw threads. Add epoxy over the top of that back up to the barrel channel. This process keeps most the stock integrity, yet allows you to still remove the hardware as the unique prevents epoxy from bonding the hardware below it. If more work is needed you can always drill out the epoxy with the forstner bit and start over. I may be over thinking it, but gives me peace of mind.