Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

FYI: 2K clear auto rattle cans comes in flat, semi, satin and gloss. Put 2 Coates over you stock and it keeps solvent and oil from screwing up the paint. Flat and semi have some texture to help grip.
Which did you use? Flat or semi? Looks really good

ElPollo

WKR
I am really happy with this stock and how my paint job turned out. The inletting, fit and finish are great, the design of the comb and forearm are awesome. There’s a huge difference from the factory stock in the direction of the recoil and reduced muzzle rise. The forearm is very stiff. The weight of the stock is quite svelt compared to Manners and McMillan at less than half the cost. With my paint job, it’s 24.2 oz and the gun with scope and suppressor is 7.8#. The balance point in that configuration is at the front of the action. The only negative I have on this stock is the long trigger reach, and I can deal with that. I’m really looking forward to seeing the new RokStock. Big thanks to @Stockys for engaging the Rokslide community on this.

Attachments

• IMG_2336.jpeg
    IMG_2336.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 174

Jimbee

WKR
I did a drop test with a 17" supressed Tikka 6.5cm (SWFA 3-9 sportsmatch) that I put in a Stocky's VG. Everything torqued, degreased, loctite. I did 3 drops from knee height on a pad with a supressor installed. It didn't pass. I took the stock off and sanded out the barrel channel and added the washers between the bottom "metal" and stock. I melted them in the plastic and re-torqued to 65in lbs. My son and I performed a drop test but removed supressors for the drop and then re installed for the shots. We also removed and installed supressors for 10 shot groups before the drops. No shift of zero. We drop tested 3 tikkas. 2 in Stockys, one 223 Rokslide special in a factory stock. I don't know what caused the initial shift, could've been supressor, no room for a dead cat, ....?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I’ll buy two of the new stocks for factory Sporter barrels in right hand.

Where do we “watch” to stay up to date on preorder details?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I mean the answer a forum owner will give you is logon everyday and wait for it.

They dont want you to ghost the forum and just come back for the cake. That would hurt traffic.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I mean the answer a forum owner will give you is logon everyday and wait for it.

They dont want you to ghost the forum and just come back for the cake. That would hurt traffic.
They only update I think it’s 10 pages of “new” content. I log on most days but still don’t see all the newest content. The watch feature they have here is great.

Got mine mounted up today. This time when I torqued it I used a bronze bushing I had to make some spacer/mini pillars to help with the pulling through. I don’t think it was the perfect thing to use but it fit really well and was easy to shape to fit. It seemed to help as I used 60 in/lbs and nothing pulled through. Also swapped out the Burris rings I had as a place holder for the um rings and mini level. With a trijicon credo 4-16x50 in the lows this thing looks pretty dang slick now. F2DAFC38-AE97-4A65-8610-D94184FFCBE9.jpeg

Hopefully this is the right place to put this question: Can these Stockys carbon fiber stocks be inletted for CTR bottom metal, and/or will the barrel channel accept the CTR barreled action?

kkp005

WKR
Received my stock today. I’m waiting on my barreled action to come back from PBB so
I can’t comment on the fit and feel. Just handling it though it seems nice!

One thing I will say is to save your money on the painted options and just get the carbon fiber stock. I got the Olive Marble and was able to scratch the paint off pretty easily but just rubbing my finder nail against it

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Received my stock today. I’m waiting on my barreled action to come back from PBB so
I can’t comment on the fit and feel. Just handling it though it seems nice!

One thing I will say is to save your money on the painted options and just get the carbon fiber stock. I got the Olive Marble and was able to scratch the paint off pretty easily but just rubbing my finder nail against it
We don’t finish in house so I will be following up on this tomorrow with the finisher. Reach out and we’ll get your order pulled up and issue a credit for the finish.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Hopefully this is the right place to put this question: Can these Stockys carbon fiber stocks be inletted for CTR bottom metal, and/or will the barrel channel accept the CTR barreled action?
Thanks to a fellow rok slider we’re almost done with the inlet for the ctr bottom metal. We’ll be working on the barrel channel next.