Still hunting/saddle hunting pants.

ljaq516

FNG
You could do a good base layer and hunt with your current pants and invest in some insulating puffy down/synthetic type pants for when you’re hanging. For cold weather though I like bibs that have zips for the legs, that way you can dump heat while hiking and zip back up when still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered my 3rd pair of FL Corrugate Guide pants in Terra as that will blend better than my current Fusion or Dry Earth. Love those for saddle hunting as they have lots of flexibility in the legs. quick drying as I'm prone to sweating, and ample enough room for me to wear thicker layers under.

I have a pair of the Foundry Corrugate pants as well, but always seem to strike out when wearing them. I think they're unlucky.

steve-0h

FNG
Sitka Apex are fantastic for quietness and has knee pads. I think the equinox pants are very quiet too, though I’m not a huge fan of the new waterproofing in the butt. I dig the previous model more.

stump06

WKR
I wear Kuiu tiburons and cheap wrangler outdoor pants in the early season. As it gets a little warmer I switch to katana and the attacks as it gets later. When temps get low I throw on a pair of zip off base layer pants and zip off OR over pants if needed

VaBruiser

FNG
I wear Kuiu tiburons and cheap wrangler outdoor pants in the early season. As it gets a little warmer I switch to katana and the attacks as it gets later. When temps get low I throw on a pair of zip off base layer pants and zip off OR over pants if needed
So if I'm stand hunting early season with less than a 1/2 mile hike in, temps in the 50's and 60's, will the Attack pants be too hot? I've worn the Wrangler ATG's early season before with a super light base for the last hour of sunlight. Those worked out alright.

stump06

WKR
So if I'm stand hunting early season with less than a 1/2 mile hike in, temps in the 50's and 60's, will the Attack pants be too hot? I've worn the Wrangler ATG's early season before with a super light base for the last hour of sunlight. Those worked out alright.
I think you'll be alright. I usually don't put mine on til the temps start dipping into the 50-60s. The hi-vents really help to dump heat when your walking

Wolfshead

FNG
I wear Kuiu attack pants, and Johnson wool pants.
Ive worn the attack pants in the 70s just with the hip vents open and while being warm it was not too bad.
When it gets cooler than 50 degrees I go to the woolen pants until the end of the season.
My personal opinion is that the wool pants are the best for still hunting With the attack pants coming is second.

jolasure

FNG
I have 2 pairs sitka equinox and sitka stratus w proper base layers get me thru entire season.

Mountain pants, or the timberlines if you want waterproof seat and knees. The traverse are a warm weather pant to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nosajnh

FNG
I just ordered my 3rd pair of FL Corrugate Guide pants in Terra as that will blend better than my current Fusion or Dry Earth. Love those for saddle hunting as they have lots of flexibility in the legs. quick drying as I'm prone to sweating, and ample enough room for me to wear thicker layers under.

I have a pair of the Foundry Corrugate pants as well, but always seem to strike out when wearing them. I think they're unlucky.
I love the FL 3D double pockets. Are the Corrugate any quieter than the Foundry Corrugate?

Jfitz

FNG
I personally love the catalyst foundry for later season and the corrugate foundry for early season. The knee pads are just enough for the saddle, and also work well to kneel and glass. I hunt in Wisconsin and didn't put bibs on until rifle season.