Still have bull tag, rifle outfitter?

KHNC

WKR
Hey, So me and my hunting partner just got back last thursday from DIY archery in Wyoming. I called in a really nice 5x5 that came in screaming at 10 yds. He made a great heart shot. Dropped in 35 yds. Rough and long pack out. Otherwise, not a lot of action where we were at. Lots of hunters. Wanting to find a private land rifle hunt last minute in the Southern GEN region. Called a few outfitters, no replies yet. Anyone have any ideas of who i could call to get a rifle bull hunt 10/25-10/31 or thereabouts? Hate to waste this tag, as it will probably take 5-7 years to draw again. Im not interested in going back to public with a GEN rifle tag. Cant even imagine the crowds. lol. PM me if needed. Thanks !

All of the quality outfitters have been booked up years in advance and SHOULD be busy with helping clients on their hunts right now. There’s a chance that you could find an opening due to a last minute cancellation. I would start calling right now until you have been told no from everyone.

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
All of the quality outfitters have been booked up years in advance and SHOULD be busy with helping clients on their hunts right now. There’s a chance that you could find an opening due to a last minute cancellation. I would start calling right now until you have been told no from everyone.
I have been calling outfitters. This is exactly what i expect to be the case.

The Guide

WKR
This late in the game, your best bet might be to find a property that you can pay a trespass fee. There are a couple of website where you can get on private land with a short term lease for hunting rights. Some even come with lodging for your lease dates.

Jay

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
This late in the game, your best bet might be to find a property that you can pay a trespass fee. There are a couple of website where you can get on private land with a short term lease for hunting rights. Some even come with lodging for your lease dates.

Jay
That would be ideal actually. I have elk hunted 24 years. Havent used an outfitter in quite a few years for elk. Except for that one time in Montana :ROFLMAO:

wytx

WKR
Good luck but your chances are slim at this point.
Have you called the outfits over by Saratoga?

It can be done general , on the forest with a rifle but it can be frustrating.
Not many archery hunters where we were, maybe because they were not talking, lol.

pm sent