Stalker Stickbows????

Just got an email that my order from south has shipped! Will post pics later in the week when I get it. This is my 2nd stalker and he has been nothing but great to deal with and talk to.
look forward to pics! nothing cooler than a new custom stick bow showing up at the front door.... they are always cooler than expected... especially South's bows

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
Got my new coyote fxt longbow from south. Buckeye burl and English walnut riser with tiger Myrtle limbs footed with English walnut.

Insanely fast at my 25 inch draw length and hands down the quietest bow I’ve ever shot. Love mh wolverine fxt but I can see this becoming my favorite real fast!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I'm no longer interested in spending that kind of money on one of his bows. There was no mention of a show . Sounded like lack of interest

If I ever had a problem with it I feel this is how the problem would also be solved. Absolutely no reason in todays technology with phones and computers to not communicate.
Will also be eliminating all social media platforms as there are just too many phony people online.

They aren’t very good anyways.

Roughneck

FNG
guys, have a question as i am new to trad. i am interested in getting one of the Stalker bows and was wondering the difference in getting the coyote with recurve or longbow limbs? i talked with South yesterday but forgot to ask him that question. i have a lot to learn about trad but have been an avid compound shooter. thanks

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
guys, have a question as i am new to trad. i am interested in getting one of the Stalker bows and was wondering the difference in getting the coyote with recurve or longbow limbs? i talked with South yesterday but forgot to ask him that question. i have a lot to learn about trad but have been an avid compound shooter. thanks
Personal preference on the limbs they both use the same riser. I have a new coyote fxt longbow with the acs limbs and it’s amazing. Also have a wolverine fxt with recurves limbs that is just as nice. My longbow is much quieter even though it’s 8-9 lb heavier draw weight then the wolverine shooting the same arrow.

The riser in the coyote is much thinner then the fxt. Both of my have his 6 pak grip but the coyote fits my smaller hands better. Can’t go wrong with any of South’s bow, he’s the best in the business imo.

Roughneck

FNG
Personal preference on the limbs they both use the same riser. I have a new coyote fxt longbow with the acs limbs and it’s amazing. Also have a wolverine fxt with recurves limbs that is just as nice. My longbow is much quieter even though it’s 8-9 lb heavier draw weight then the wolverine shooting the same arrow.

The riser in the coyote is much thinner then the fxt. Both of my have his 6 pak grip but the coyote fits my smaller hands better. Can’t go wrong with any of South’s bow, he’s the best in the business imo.
i really appreciate the info and will most likely go that route. i do have several custom bow builders close to me so am going to go try some bows this week. i wanted to maybe get something with a lighter set of limbs to learn correct form then move up to a hunting setup. i plan to hunt and shoot 3D plus i usually shoot bows daily. two buddies of mine lent me there recurves to shoot and both are customs. one is a Dale Dye and the other a Wapiti JK Chastain, both are super nice.

Steadman

WKR
As stated above it's personal preference. The acs longbow limbs are fast and quiet. I prefer the draw cycle of my acs wolverine recurve limbs but you can't go wrong with either. The static tip recurve limbs that are offered on the coyote are no slouch either. I have a coyote with the recurve limbs as well. Good luck

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
daaayyyuuuummm!!!!! beautiful bow!! i like South's strings too, though i change the serving before i shoot them (i'm a big Halo fan for center serving) one of the prettier stalkers i have seen. are those ACS limbs?
Yes sir, acs limbs. Smoking fast compared to my static recurve limbs and standard longbow limbs. I should be able to run some arrows over the chrono this week at different gpp to see how they compare to others. South told me they will be at least 10fps faster givin all the same standards. The more I shoot these though the more I’m falling in love with em.

Personal opinion. I’ve had all the major custom makers and keep coming back to South’s bows.Toelke would be my second pick but that grip is terrible for me.
i have a 64" blacktail elite vl that sits a lot since getting my coyote... love the blacktail, and there are no bows with nicer lines than a blacktail, but the stalker is just a little better in every regard (or equal) the stalker has a better DFC (even being 2" shorter) it's a little quicker (even being 2# lighter) i like the grip better, though neither is a problem.... i just like the Coyote a little more, and is the one i naturally grab when head out the door to shoot.

also have had several ILF's and just like the Coyote. i may get one of his ILF risers in the future, because i do appreciate their versatility, but for now, i like the coyote, and will probably get a set of ACS longbow limbs for it.... i heard him mention toying with SC limbs too, so i'm stalling out a little for now hoping he does offer super curve limbs..... i didn't love the max 6's i had, but i liked everything about them besides being fickle, and the riser could have been a part of that.

Yes sir, acs limbs. Smoking fast compared to my static recurve limbs and standard longbow limbs. I should be able to run some arrows over the chrono this week at different gpp to see how they compare to others. South told me they will be at least 10fps faster givin all the same standards. The more I shoot these though the more I’m falling in love with em.
that's awesome! do they seem to favor a stiffer spine over the static recurve limbs?

Steadman

WKR
Yes the acs seen to like a stiffer spine. At least for me and everyone else I've talked to that has them. My acs that are 5# lighter than my static limbs shoot the same spine, even a little shorter arrow. Hope this helps
that's awesome! do they seem to favor a stiffer spine over the static recurve limbs?

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
25 inch draw. 48-49lbs when I scale it using my scale. 500 grain arrow. My wolverine fxt at 43lbs shoots the same arrow at 160. Even though this coyote is 5-6lbs heavier it draws just a smooth as my lower poundage wolverine.

I do think South’s acs recurve limbs would be even faster then these acs long bow limbs, but the long bow limbs are much quieter imo. With both of my bows you can tell the longbow is quieter even tho it’s 5-6lbs more draw weight. Can’t wait to stack some critters with it this year!

Attachments

• BC4CCF68-48F6-4545-BAA9-E7D164BAF2B0.jpeg
    BC4CCF68-48F6-4545-BAA9-E7D164BAF2B0.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited: