Stalker Stickbows????

R

Richmeister

I'm no longer interested in spending that kind of money on one of his bows. There was no mention of a show . Sounded like lack of interest

If I ever had a problem with it I feel this is how the problem would also be solved. Absolutely no reason in todays technology with phones and computers to not communicate.
Will also be eliminating all social media platforms as there are just too many phony people online.

OP
Shammy

Shammy

FNG
I also had the opposite experience with South. Prior to my order and after purchase South answered his cell phone every time. On one occasion during the evening while he was driving I spoke to him and he gave me tips on tuning, spoke about different types of wood and all kinds of helpful advice. Talked for a half hour and he’s a busy dude. My buddy also purchased a bow from him and more of the same. He’s known for his customer service and the guy is pumping crazy numbers of bows, week by week all year. Not down playing your experience but we all have bad days. South is most definitely a guy who has a great business and he’s doing it the right way.

Steadman

WKR
I'm no longer interested in spending that kind of money on one of his bows. There was no mention of a show . Sounded like lack of interest

If I ever had a problem with it I feel this is how the problem would also be solved. Absolutely no reason in todays technology with phones and computers to not communicate.
Will also be eliminating all social media platforms as there are just too many phony people online.
Sounds like ya got it figured out.

sneaky

"DADDY"

Ok, by all means, judge a man's work on one interaction. That means we can judge you as a spoiled, petulant adult (maybe) that if he doesn't get someone to drop what they're doing at that exact second to answer all his questions that he'll just drag a man's name through the dirt on the internet. Sounds like today's society in a nutshell. Me me me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If ya end up ordering a bow, get the acs limbs, good stuff.
any experience with the ACS? i am considering a set of them for my coyote, but also hesitating since he was talking of building some super curve limbs... either way, it's a want and not a need, i have no complaints with the normal static recurve limbs, but always antsy to try new bows... i know i like my coyote riser, so that's my preferred route for trying new bows, new limbs for it

Steadman

WKR
Correct on the acs not being a super curve. Also he's not offering the acs recurve limbs for the coyote at the time. The longbow acs limbs for the coyote are super fast. I'm shooting a prototype acs recurve from last summer still on my wolverine. My favorite limb to date by far. Quick and pretty quiet. I really appreciate all the backing for South on this post. He is a good friend and I didn't want to bring emotion from me into this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_20210910_101741.jpg
    IMG_20210910_101741.jpg
    781.9 KB · Views: 87

Rob5589

WKR
Thanks Steadman. I just started shooting a single string and am trying my best to not drop a bunch of cash so soon into it. Staying away from his website and IG page would help. Maybe. :LOL:

Steadman

WKR
Thanks Steadman. I just started shooting a single string and am trying my best to not drop a bunch of cash so soon into it. Staying away from his website and IG page would help. Maybe. :LOL:
It's a bad problem for sure. Good luck with the journey. And feel free to pm me with any questions.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, I've got a coyote that's a shooter, and a block of walnut here that I need to get to him for another build. It's easy to part with money on nice recurves lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Correct on the acs not being a super curve. Also he's not offering the acs recurve limbs for the coyote at the time. The longbow acs limbs for the coyote are super fast. I'm shooting a prototype acs recurve from last summer still on my wolverine. My favorite limb to date by far. Quick and pretty quiet. I really appreciate all the backing for South on this post. He is a good friend and I didn't want to bring emotion from me into this thread.
i assume you have shot the ACS longbow limbs? if so, how do they contrast from South's recurve limbs? is the draw force curve different? louder? i almost ordered some longbow limbs last year after getting my coyote and loving it, but didn't want any new anything before elk season, because i didn't want to be messing around and of course wouldn't be able to help myself... then, i heard him talking about the ACS longbow limbs for his bows, as well as other stuff in the works (like your ACS recurve limbs and super curves) so i stalled out.

the Stalker is my go to bow now, i have a dandy Blacktail that just sits, because i always grab the Coyote... i like the grip better, i like the draw better, it's just as quiet, and i think a hair faster even being 2# lighter, but also 2" shorter.... i have had about a dozen bows since starting this craziness of single strings, and South's bows are my favorite.... i feel kinda bad for him, his work load and stress level has to be high right now... good for all of us, but probably rough on him for a bit

qwerksc

WKR
I have the acs rctx from dryad, south bought dryad and now has access to the patent, I love the limbs, torsional stiffness is awesome, no twist. I have shot a few thousand arrows out of them and I ain’t looking at any other limb at this point, usually I’m always looking for the next big thing.
Shooting an ilf rig, Dryad ul19 with these limbs

Steadman

WKR
i assume you have shot the ACS longbow limbs? if so, how do they contrast from South's recurve limbs? is the draw force curve different? louder? i almost ordered some longbow limbs last year after getting my coyote and loving it, but didn't want any new anything before elk season, because i didn't want to be messing around and of course wouldn't be able to help myself... then, i heard him talking about the ACS longbow limbs for his bows, as well as other stuff in the works (like your ACS recurve limbs and super curves) so i stalled out.

the Stalker is my go to bow now, i have a dandy Blacktail that just sits, because i always grab the Coyote... i like the grip better, i like the draw better, it's just as quiet, and i think a hair faster even being 2# lighter, but also 2" shorter.... i have had about a dozen bows since starting this craziness of single strings, and South's bows are my favorite.... i feel kinda bad for him, his work load and stress level has to be high right now... good for all of us, but probably rough on him for a bit
Yes I have shot the acs longbow limbs. They draw smooth and are fast. I believe South told me as fast as the other models or very close. Mine were fast as well. South is not making a super curve at this time. The acs recurve limbs are a different profile than any of the other recurve limbs, but I wouldn't consider them super curve. The draw force on the acs recurve limbs is very nice. They aren't too loud but any long ow limb will be quieter than a recurve. They seem to be as quiet as my static limbs in my coyote. But that's just by ear, I have no way to measure noise level. You won't be disappointed with the acs longbow limbs, I don't shoot them due to some elbow issues and end up shooting my wolverine because of the riser mass, it helps the elbow issues. Let me know if I answered your questions or if you have anymore 👍👍

Btaylor

WKR
I did the test drive on a wolverine recurve and then tested a coyote with the acs longbow limbs. Shooting the exact same arrow out of both I could not tell any difference in point of impact out to 25 yards. Pretty sure the coyote was about 3# lighter than the wolverine. Loved both bows but ordered a coyote acs longbow. It just felt a little better to me throughout the shot. Never picked up another brand that fit me as well as Stalker.

Boydo90

FNG
I met and spoke with South at the Kalamzoo show this past weekend. He had a ton of bows there and I was really intrigued by the G10 wolverine that he had. It may be my next bow order

ledflight

WKR
I have a 60" A&H longbow from before the Stalker purchase. It's got a rare 12" riser and so a different limb connection. I called up Stalker to see if they had any compatible limbs for this. The person who answered passed me onto South and he was very helpful. Explained they can't make those limbs yet but they are setting up a new CNC machine and should be able to soon this spring.
In summary, the A&H / ACS limb design is great IMO, South was helpful on the phone, and all I wish about it is that I could have some lighter limbs that fit this riser for off season!