Stainless Thread Protector

Marshfly

WKR
Like you said, find a better gunsmith. Mine added a flared collar to mine so no not sub par adapters or ugly muzzle attachment devices. Just direct thread 5/8x24, it’s awesome, no compromises, those little 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 adapters suck.
Why would I need a 1/2x28 to 5/8 adapter? Any suppressor I buy uses a mount that is available in any thread down to 1/2x28.
Anyway, this is pedantic.

If you need a 5/8x24 adapter (nut) just buy one. If it threads on smoothly, use it. If it doesn't throw it in the trash.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Haha hey, I’m feeling personally attacked! Yes it’s another tolerance, but lots of people have ran them for thousands of rounds without issue.
It’s not that they won’t work, it’s just another little piece and another link in a chain. I used one for awhile too and just got tired of it.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Why would I need a 1/2x28 to 5/8 adapter? Any suppressor I buy uses a mount that is available in any thread down to 1/2x28.
Anyway, this is pedantic.

If you need a 5/8x24 adapter (nut) just buy one. If it threads on smoothly, use it. If it doesn't throw it in the trash.
sorry that you find discussing thread protectors on a thread about…..thread protectors pedantic.

Weldor

WKR
Don't forget to add some food grade anti seize or nickel based for stainless steel. Alittle goes along ways and you'll never have problems.

Why do you guys need protectors at all. A wrap of electrical tape works just fine on your beat up rifles.

Because, as I said, mine have them when they are in the safe. When moving them around electrical tape isn’t going to protect the threads if I bang them against another barrel.
Also, putting adhesive on threads is a recipe for disaster.

OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
Anyone been able to get in contact with Down Range Products lately? I emailed them back in September, forgot about it, then emailed them again earlier this week. Maybe it's just Thanksgiving, but the email address of [email protected] doesn't inspire confidence....

Maybe I've just seen the Turd Ferguson SNL skit too many times....

Their website is tough to navigate so I need to get in contact with them.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I was not willing to pay $40 for a custom matched thread protector. If vanity is worth the price for you, go for it.

I bought two from Hughes Precission for $12 each. I bought the them slightly longer than the threads, so it works like a recessed crown.

The other advantage, given the barrel diameter of a Tikka Lite I had to go with smaller than the 5/8-24 desired threads. So I bought thread protectors to fit the 5/8-24 Precission Armament adapters that I have rocksett in place.

Anyone been able to get in contact with Down Range Products lately? I emailed them back in September, forgot about it, then emailed them again earlier this week. Maybe it's just Thanksgiving, but the email address of [email protected] doesn't inspire confidence....

Maybe I've just seen the Turd Ferguson SNL skit too many times....

Their website is tough to navigate so I need to get in contact with them.

I just bought a DRP thread protector on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072MVY4BQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1