Springfield Armory Waypoint 2020 Pre Review.

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR
Nice rifle! I picked up a Waypoint in 6.5 PRC. How’re you like the Leupold MK5? I was think about going with the MK5 for mine as well but I’m still not too sure yet. I like Zeiss optics for hunting purposes.
I love the MK 5 scope. Especially the 3-18. I own 4 now with number 5 in the works. The size power range, tracking, and looks make it a great scope IMO. I do however prefer the illuminated over non. The reticle is thicker to accommodate the illumination and works better for my eyes.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like a really great rifle…I would buy one if they had more caliber options. In a dream world…280AI and I wound out down my money tomorrow.

Looking very closely at the Waypoint 2020 in 6.5 PRC. Does anyone have any further update or experience with it? OP, are you still happy with the Waypoint?

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR
Looking very closely at the Waypoint 2020 in 6.5 PRC. Does anyone have any further update or experience with it? OP, are you still happy with the Waypoint?
I am still extremely happy with my waypoint. In fact I picked up one in 6.5 PRC. I am very happy with the fit, finish, accuracy and overall appearance of the rifle. I would recommend one to anyone that does not want to spend the money on a custom build.

I love mine more every time I take it hunting. Shot a Co bull last week with my 6.5cm. Great gun and balances well with my suppressor!

Awesome, thanks guys. I think I’m going to put one on order. Found some Hornady ELDX-143 ammo today, picked up a few boxes in anticipation of buying a 6.5 PRC. My choice boils down to the Waypoint or Seekin Havak PH2.

Awesome, thanks guys. I think I’m going to put one on order. Found some Hornady ELDX-143 ammo today, picked up a few boxes in anticipation of buying a 6.5 PRC. My choice boils down to the Waypoint or Seekin Havak PH2.
You will love that gun and bullet. That is the bullet that I hand load hot for my 6.5cm. Very deadly combo!

One more question. How does this rifle carry in the field? I have no experience with the "QD" sling set up but it appears that the top of the sling will have to mount on the side of the stock??

One more question. How does this rifle carry in the field? I have no experience with the "QD" sling set up but it appears that the top of the sling will have to mount on the side of the stock??
That is correct. It is great!! The non bolt side goes against your back and nothing digs into your back. Love that too! Very easy to take off and put on if you want.

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR
It actually works well. Use the off bolt side as it seems to fit well against your back. You can mix and match which ones you utilize that fits your preference the most.

Thanks guys, I can definitely envision it now. Only problem I see is that the scope would be pointed towards the middle of you back, this could conflict while wearing your backpack.

Well, I've decided on the Waypoint. I appreciate everyone's input. My FFL was able to get me a Carbon Barrel 6.5 PRC for a smoking deal that I could not pass up. I will be sure to report back once I get so rounds down range.

I'm going to top it with a Leupold VX5 3-15x44. Any suggestions on Rings and Rings size? The rifle come with a 20 MOA rail.

Oakman

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I've decided on the Waypoint. I appreciate everyone's input. My FFL was able to get me a Carbon Barrel 6.5 PRC for a smoking deal that I could not pass up. I will be sure to report back once I get so rounds down range.

I'm going to top it with a Leupold VX5 3-15x44. Any suggestions on Rings and Rings size? The rifle come with a 20 MOA rail.
Congratulations,
These rings served me well:

Vortex Optics Pro Series Riflescope Rings https://a.co/d/9SKzkUT

TheTone

WKR
My local gun shop just got another one in. Dang that thing is tempting! Kinda glad I have a number of other needs in front of it. I really need to sell a few unused items to have the funds readily available the next time one pops up. I’d still like to see one with the steel barrel to compare