Some states get it……

FLATHEAD

WKR
Dont get me started on the Feds regulating Gulf Coast Red Snapper.
AL. gets it, the Feds dont.

eye_zick

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing against you, but I disagree with them lumping them in as mule deer. They act different. Especially the jungle deer on the coast. I think of it as comparing a northern whitetail to a coues deer. But these are just my own thoughts typed out to the masses!
I'm with you. I would like to see them tracked individually then aggregated. However, this is near impossible when they do sight surveys over wintering range. That's why I think we only really see the aggregated population estimates.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Under this new law, if the governor signs it, it will be legal to trap mountain lions in Utah. I am looking forward to that. I've had a few get into traps but haven't held one yet. I will get bigger stronger traps if I can legally trap lions and I will target them.

I snared one a few years back in a coyote snare. I had a tag that year and tried convincing the DWR into letting me cut my tag and keep the lion. Ultimately they took it and it went to the landfill. They'd rather throw it away than let me keep it. I understand it was not a legal method of take but I thought maybe they'd make an exception but they didn't. The officer I reported the catch to was awesome though. He asked for pics of the lion as it lay from multiple angles. He did let me take it home to show my boys, which I thought was cool.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Same here in Idaho. We have to release the stupid things. They give you $10 for one if you catch one in a snare or it dies in a trap. I know friends who release 5 or 6 a season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ishisube

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if mountain lion tastes as good as lynx? I tried some lynx once and have always wanted to have more of it. Very light flavor, delicious. If mountain lion tastes at all the same I'll be interested in getting in on it.