Some Florida public land bucks

Bears

FNG
How did you guys do in ONF this year?

I didn't hunt it at all this season, have some private land now up in big bend area so I was doing habitat management instead.

I've hunted the ONF for 20 years off/on and only seen something worth killing a few times. I do know people who have success out there but not sure how.

Bears

FNG
That's a beautiful one.
I was hunting off FR 90 (or whatever it is numbered now) in Hopkins Prairie the opening day of 2019 General gun and a guy next to me came out with a similar size buck about 8 AM.

Normally I just see bears.

OP
Andrewlonghi
NE FLORIDA in a small town called Palatka
How did you guys do in ONF this year?

I didn't hunt it at all this season, have some private land now up in big bend area so I was doing habitat management instead.

I've hunted the ONF for 20 years off/on and only seen something worth killing a few times. I do know people who have success out there but not sure how.
Done fairly good this year, been chasing after I Gooden must of the season in ONF.

Long Cut

WKR
Congratulations! That’s a giant Florida buck!

Absolutely one of my bucket list hunts is to kill a Florida buck. I’ll stick to Georgia for now haha

Get after then man! Finding decent bugs on public land anywhere can be tricky. Doing it in Florida is a totally different challenge!

Ray P

FNG
Yes every few years a really nice quality buck gets taken out of the Scrub. I was born and raised in the forrest and know it very well. I've been fortunate enough to take a couple of the better the average bucks from there. The thing that's always had me wondering is why just across the river or right over the bridge grows some absolute monsters but it didn't take on my side
I would be curious which property in Citrus? That is my turf. Did you happen to be Floral City to see that buck?

Fowl Play

WKR
Florida can actually grow some dandy bucks. They just need food. Anywhere they can get it they will grow. This fella lives behind my house and I’ve watched him grow since he was a fawn. He’s 2 years old… will be an absolute stud in a few years. I’ve shot similar on public, this guys safe… the kids have named him. This pic is 10ft out my window with my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpeg
    IMG_0208.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
OP
Andrewlonghi
NE FLORIDA in a small town called Palatka
Florida can actually grow some dandy bucks. They just need food. Anywhere they can get it they will grow. This fella lives behind my house and I’ve watched him grow since he was a fawn. He’s 2 years old… will be an absolute stud in a few years. I’ve shot similar on public, this guys safe… the kids have named him. This pic is 10ft out my window with my phone.
That is a nice buck