Panhandle Bucks

Wife and I were toying around the idea about living in Florida who knows if she’s serious or not.

Not exactly my Wyoming dream cabin, but I started thinking, the only places I like to hunt around in PA are the jungly swampy spots for Bucks.

Kinda got me going down the rabbit hole about hunting the big jungle swamps and pine thickets of the Florida Panhandle. Been there a couple times around 30A and Panama City.

I’m not opposed to it at all. In fact those jungle forests are pretty exciting.

Any of you Florida Swamp Killers want to chime in on Florida deer hunting especially in the panhandle. The thought of the Glades is super exciting too.

I love using kayaks and canoes to hunt. Seems like Florida is spot for that. Gators cruisin around, the occasional panther. Seems cool as shit.

Long Cut

WKR
Killing this Gator (and losing a 13’er at the boat) was a humbling experience.
Knowing their strength first hand, I will never get in the water where they frequently exist.

Are you going to kayak/canoe covered in blood with a dead deer?
Gators are not afraid of boats, some view them as “food” when folks feed them, or they catch the fisherman’s fish.

This guy took 3 rounds of .45ACP Point blank to the top of the skull, and still kept fighting until the end.
IMG_4366.jpeg

Swamp Fox

WKR
Killing this Gator (and losing a 13’er at the boat) was a humbling experience.
Knowing their strength first hand, I will never get in the water where they frequently exist.

Are you going to kayak/canoe covered in blood with a dead deer?
Gators are not afraid of boats, some view them as “food” when folks feed them, or they catch the fisherman’s fish.

This guy took 3 rounds of .45ACP Point blank to the top of the skull, and still kept fighting until the end.
View attachment 671049

Prolly shoulda used a .223 ...

NE FLORIDA in a small town called Palatka
Wife and I were toying around the idea about living in Florida who knows if she’s serious or not.

Not exactly my Wyoming dream cabin, but I started thinking, the only places I like to hunt around in PA are the jungly swampy spots for Bucks.

Kinda got me going down the rabbit hole about hunting the big jungle swamps and pine thickets of the Florida Panhandle. Been there a couple times around 30A and Panama City.

I’m not opposed to it at all. In fact those jungle forests are pretty exciting.

Any of you Florida Swamp Killers want to chime in on Florida deer hunting especially in the panhandle. The thought of the Glades is super exciting too.

I love using kayaks and canoes to hunt. Seems like Florida is spot for that. Gators cruisin around, the occasional panther. Seems cool as shit.
Florida definitely a place to hunt out of canoes and kayaks. I hunt up around the panhandle every year around this time. I live in NE Florida. Plenty of Public land and some really good bucks running around

OXN939

WKR

Last time I'll post this one. Most of my time hunting whitetail this year was in the panhandle with a little lever .30-30 and a cheap Lifetime kayak. Lots of work with not much trophy potential, but lots of fun with realistic expectations.

Screenshot_20240211_164234_Gallery.jpg

OP
BeastOfTheTrees
Last time I'll post this one. Most of my time hunting whitetail this year was in the panhandle with a little lever .30-30 and a cheap Lifetime kayak. Lots of work with not much trophy potential, but lots of fun with realistic expectations.

View attachment 672217

Idk why but canoe/kayak deer hunting is my favorite

Maybe it’s just flooded landscapes or those old paintings of the natives canoeing deer out.

Rich M

WKR
From what i hear the panhandle is good for FL deer hunting.

You'll get tired of all the water and flooded swamps. Good fishing on the salt around there too.

I hunt central FL and am learning how they act down here - see deer most seasons, but I'm talking about 3-day quota hunts.