Solo moose hunt

Bowtech55

FNG
Have a moose hunt planned this September with my brother. Unfortunately he sustained an injury working out and just had surgery. I’ve asked a few buddies if they want to go and running out of options and time. Thinking about going solo. This would be a drop camp, hopefully near some creeks with the hope I could float the meat to a landing area to save some of the distance packing. Was curious if anyone else has ran solo on a moose hunt? Thoughts?
Im 33 and in good shape, ive done a few elk solo but this would be my first alaska moose.
Thank you

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
As much as I love going solo from time to time, Ii’m not sure a first moose hunt is the time to do that. Certainly it could be done, but there’s so many things that could go sideways where another person would be of massive help.

If I had no other choice I would probably do it but I would really try to get someone to go with me-perhaps share the meat with them for motivation.

Bextat

FNG
Best of luck, bro! I've had my share of solo wins back in the day. Just stay hyped, you'll smash it, even if it's a solo slog.

diydan

FNG
Have a moose hunt planned this September with my brother. Unfortunately he sustained an injury working out and just had surgery. I’ve asked a few buddies if they want to go and running out of options and time. Thinking about going solo. This would be a drop camp, hopefully near some creeks with the hope I could float the meat to a landing area to save some of the distance packing. Was curious if anyone else has ran solo on a moose hunt? Thoughts?
Im 33 and in good shape, ive done a few elk solo but this would be my first alaska moose.
Thank you
Did you end up trying it out? What was your experience like?