Socks. Darn Tough & Farm to Feet

Jakerex

WKR
I need some new socks. What’s everyone’s go-to in both Darn Tough and Farm to Feet? There are so many choices that it’s overwhelming. I’m going to order a couple different from each manufacturer to see what works best for me. Figured the folks on this forum could give me a good starting point. Most of my hunting is Fall and winter hunting in western Pennsylvania, and an annual trip to CO for second season rifle. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Med and light farm to feet Ely are pretty much the only socks i need for hunting .
I bet i have close to 40 pairs of socks , FtF..Darn tough, smartwool , Alpaca, Filson and others … F2F Elys are my favorite.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Med and light farm to feet Ely are pretty much the only socks i need for hunting .
I bet i have close to 40 pairs of socks , FtF..Darn tough, smartwool , Alpaca, Filson and others … F2F Elys are my favorite.
Thanks for the feedback. Just what I was looking for

Southfork

FNG
F2F Elys are a great sock, both the mid-weights and the full cushion. Also check out the F2F Slate Mountain if you want a true over the calf boot sock for cold weather.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
F2F Elys are a great sock, both the mid-weights and the full cushion. Also check out the F2F Slate Mountain if you want a true over the calf boot sock for cold weather.

Thanks

Rjk300

FNG
I’ve tried the darn tough cool max hoping they would be a good work sock in the summer but I think they are too warm so hopefully they will be a good fall hunting sock. I will look into some of these other suggestions for a good hot weather/every day work sock.

I much prefer the footbox on Darn Toughs, as F2F are a little tight for my wide feet used to Vivo's.

That being said, I like virtually everything else about F2F more.

cumminsbassguy

Lil-Rokslider
To go along with the 2 or 3 other socks posts I've posted this in. Darn tough T4021 and the over calf mid weight. Wear the 4021s every day upwards of 16+ hours sometimes and have been for about a year, have 5 pairs that I cycle through. Durability is fantastic. 10/10 would recommend

bsween8

FNG
I haven't tried farm to feet but use darn tough (style 1403) exclusively for hunting now in both PA and out west and have no complaints.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
What seems to be the preference on full cushion or partial cushion?

BowNP

FNG
I need some new socks. What’s everyone’s go-to in both Darn Tough and Farm to Feet? There are so many choices that it’s overwhelming. I’m going to order a couple different from each manufacturer to see what works best for me. Figured the folks on this forum could give me a good starting point. Most of my hunting is Fall and winter hunting in western Pennsylvania, and an annual trip to CO for second season rifle. Thanks in advance.

Darn Tough socks are super comfy. I’ve worn them for years for both hiking and hunting. Not sure what specific style, I have a pair that are a little thicker I wear in colder weather but all my pairs are boot socks. Love the brand, I don’t regret ever buying their socks. Haven’t tried the other brand though.