SO cimarron owners......

IChaseCoues

Lil-Rokslider
I just opened mine yesterday and we'll set it up this evening. Will post updates when I have a spent some time in it.

Oh btw, it was at my door two weeks after ordering it!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
So why can't you do 2 goes lengthwise on one side of the pole and one guy crossways along the backdoor?

There's only enough room for one lengthwise on each side of the pole. That's not a problem, but with the wall slope I had to lay right next to the pole so I wasn't touching the wall/door. That close to the pole, there isn't much safety room for the stove if there's two people.

I just seam sealed mine. Its bigger than I thought. I don't think we will have trouble fitting 4 guys and gear in it. I think 3 with the stove will be snug but totally doable. Im liking this style of tent. Cant believe how simple they are to set up and take down. Gonna take my daughter out in it this weekend!!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Sounds like you need a circus tent then...or just stick with the Copper Spur 4 ;)

Clarktar

WKR
Well, the tent worked great as expected. Only slept 2 people. But we did have some gear in there, and there was still plenty of room. Never felt cramped. One cool thing, we did not have a nest, and the skeeters were crazy!! Probably the worst I have seen in WA. I think they were really bad due to a very light rain the morning we hiked in, with very warm temps. Bad enough that we had to eat and hang out right in the creek, and only go up to our camp to sleep. But even with all those skeeters, only a very few made it into the tent. Not sure why, but pretty awesome.

Here is a picture that adds nothing to covering the concerns people have with this tent, just a picture of it pitched. I gotta get better at using the camera more often...View attachment 27044

Clarktar

WKR
The mules got deputized for a rescue when they wer packing in our gear and equipment. What a suprise to see all our gear off in the bushes in the morning, only 1.5 miles in out of 10.

Atleast it wasn't a Miffat 100+ miler with 100+ lbs on the back! But I am guessing the weight I was carrying was close to 80.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
The mules got deputized for a rescue when they wer packing in our gear and equipment. What a suprise to see all our gear off in the bushes in the morning, only 1.5 miles in out of 10.

Atleast it wasn't a Miffat 100+ miler with 100+ lbs on the back! But I am guessing the weight I was carrying was close to 80.

I like your style Clarktar!!!

And no if you half the mileage and the pack weight you'd be a whole long closer to a Moffat adventure!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
HAHA I saw that....thought it must be a typo....those Miffats sound AWESOME!!

colonel00

WKR
Only used mine in the front yard so far but it will get use next week in Alaska. So far, though, I love the room it has when pitched up off the ground a little for some added ventilation.

Here are some pictures from one day. Granted, I had it pitched pretty high as the edges are probably a few inches off the ground but I also didn't have it pulled out super tight as you can see in the photos. Setup like this for earlier season usage, you can easily get two people on one side. These are the large 77"x 25" pads

20150813_182311_zpslqomszkn.jpg

20150813_182305_zpsgf2cjezj.jpg

20150813_182256_zpsldbizpkl.jpg

stevenm2

Lil-Rokslider
[QUOTE at 0200 pee break will i be grabbing for my knife?[/QUOTE]

made me laugh!