Slumberjack Bounty 2.0...anyone got a review?

Hi guys,

New to this site and about to be new to elk hunting soon. Im looking to get some opinions/reviews on the Slumberjack bounty 2.0. I have a chance on a good deal on them and while knowing that they're not Kifaru's im wanting to know if its a good solid pack that's reliable and comfortable and will last for a few years. I noticed on here a review request on the older model (bounty 4500) from a couple years ago and it never really got answered. I know that the difference between the two is a little more CI in the 2.0 and the side pouches are easier to use with the sinching straps so ill take an actuall review on the 4500 as well. Thanks guys

I just got in the Bounty 4500 in Mandrake and have not used the pack in the field yet; however, it seems to be a very good quality pack

I ordered mine from Amazon since I am a prime member with free 2 day shipping.

Right now there is a killer deal on the Bounty 4500 (Mandrake) for only $129.99.
Thru Amazon the pack is shipped and sold by BOTACH.COM.

Last edited:
I have the 4500. I got right before the season but only got to hunt a couple days. I didn't get to really load it with any heavy weight. Just a day hunt load out. However it was Pretty comfortable. I like the pack a lot for the price. Like you said it's no kifaru or Exo but it isn't near the price either. I use my pack for whitetail to pack out of the pisgah national forest or birkhead wilderness area. However I haven't used it for that yet but that's the plan. I will use it this spring for my pack in turkey hunt in Nc and Pa. I'll be able to give a better review after those because I'll have actually used it over a bit of time with a bit of weight.

Oh, I did use the detachable day pack yesterday on a squirrel hunt and it was surprisingly comfortable for no padding in the shoulder straps.

I saw the upgrades to the 2.0 but as soon as it came out the 4500 dropped pretty considerably in price so I went that route. I got it for 149.00 then saw it 2 days later on amazon in mandrake for129.00. Mine is highlander. My cousin bought the mandrake pack from amazon. I figured for that price I couldn't got wrong. Even if it didn't work I could use it for something.

One of these days I need to get some pics and do a review of the pack. I'm sure some of the guys that are used to the high end packs would think it's uncomfortable or junk but I believe it is a decent pack for someone that is starting out. Or someone that isn't in a pack all the time with elk load outs. Like I said mine will be used 98% of the time on weekend to 5 day whitetail and turkey pack trips.

Last edited:
A couple things I'm going to do with it though. One , I'm going to get a small Kifaru belt pouch. Just for a few things that I like close at hand without removing the pack. Two, I think I may get a gun bearer. It has a gun carry system that works well if your covering ground. However it is useless if you are "hunting" your way in. You just can't get the gun without removing the pack. Three I'm probably going to get a nalgene pouch. I like water flavoring in my water and they don't recommend that for bladders.

Right on guys thanks for your input...im thinking since I can score the 2.0 for the price of what the 4500 is these days I might as well get it until I save up for a kifaru or this one breaks. If anything if can be used as a good light loading multiday pack for the wife to use when she comes hunting with me here and there.

The going price for the 2.0 is 299 everywhere I've seen. If you can get it for half that I would not hesitate to get it.

Also very curious about this pack, looks promising with improvements made since the bounty 4500. I may be picking one up to try it out this off season. If I do I'll be sure to post a review.

I could be wrong, but I thought one of the admin's is going to be putting out a review on the original Slumberjack 4500.

Thanks for the heads up on the 4500 from Bowtac. Have one on the way. Not sure I'll ever make it out west to hunt, but it should be good for packing whitetail back go the truck or atv.

Back