Slip on boots for yard work

Jakerex

WKR
What’s you’re go-to boots for pissing around the yard, chicken coop, general outdoor light duty work? I’m looking for something as I’m tired of slipping and falling in my treadless Merrell shoes or crocs.

Prefer a slip on / pull on boot.

I don’t want a tall muck boot or similar, no need. Ankle height would be good….maybe a hair taller or shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronM

Lil-Rokslider
Ditto on the “short muck boot”. Picked up a pair last year at my local Fleet Farm and absolutely love them. Just check your sizing as I had to go 1/2 size smaller.

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
Thorogood Wellingtons. The regular soles with heels have more traction than the wedge soles.

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
I wear either a Muckster II ankle boot or a Muckster low shoe for doing light chores like you're talking about. Plenty of tread on the soles.

Tod osier

WKR
Thorogood Wellingtons. The regular soles with heels have more traction than the wedge soles.

Most of the Thorogood wellingtons are steel toes (there are a couple that aren't, but I'm finding steel toes for a real good price on amazon). I wear Thorogood boots nearly every day (lace up), but I'd like to try these. Do you use the steel toes? Are they OK if you don't need them.

I just roll the tops of my Xtratuf boot down and wear them like that when I don’t need the full height. Xtratuf makes a 6” deck boot that might be easier to get into.

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
Most of the Thorogood wellingtons are steel toes (there are a couple that aren't, but I'm finding steel toes for a real good price on amazon). I wear Thorogood boots nearly every day (lace up), but I'd like to try these. Do you use the steel toes? Are they OK if you don't need them.
I have to have steel toe for work. They have been comfortable enough that I wear them on my days off around the farm and yard work. I had a couple of pairs of the lace ups before and liked them also.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Instead of buying new boots, I took a pair of old beat danners and put some bungee shock cord in for the laces and tied it off. Now I have my slip-on boots! Worked better than I thought it would.
https://a.co/d/8aGGE64
576cf1c47e6a49c8bbdf5244726b3621.jpg

jolemons

WKR
Just picked up some Xtratuf deck boots. They are amazing. Like a hybrid between Crocs and Muck boots. They just slip on and have a smooth bottom that doesn't hold mud.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk