Boots for work

I woke up with a mysterious ankle injury last week, the physical therapist said it looks like a level 2 sprain. Walking barefoot hurts the most, walking with tennis shoes on still hurts, I threw on my boots (crispi colorados) and I was pain free.

I work at a center for adults that are severely impacted by autism so I spend a lot of the day on my feet. I’m looking for a lightweight boots that has more flex than the colorados. Im looking at the crispi attiva mid, Salewa alps trainer, or simply some keens or merrells. Any suggestions? They’d also be used for scouting and turkey hunting.

Steadman

WKR
My Attiva mids are super comfortable but they don’t really offer ankle support. I couldn’t get the salewas to work for my feet. I am now wearing la sportiva mid hiker. I’m not sure of the model. Go hunt had them on sale. They have been nice so far. Light and I would use them for archery hunt if the terrain wasn’t too bad. I just got some solomon speed assaults. I’m not a fan of the speed lace but they are stupid light, comfortable but not much in ankle support. I work construction for context and put in 6-12 miles a day and usually 50-100 floors. I’m hard on boots. Always looking for something light that supports well and lasts a decent amount of time. Hope this helps

I am certainly no boot expert but just bought a pair of Altitudes to try. They are definitely stiffer than my Salomons. Ive only got a few miles on them but like how they feel, and they are light if nothing else.

OP
jnawalaniec
My Attiva mids are super comfortable but they don’t really offer ankle support. I couldn’t get the salewas to work for my feet. I am now wearing la sportiva mid hiker. I’m not sure of the model. Go hunt had them on sale. They have been nice so far. Light and I would use them for archery hunt if the terrain wasn’t too bad. I just got some solomon speed assaults. I’m not a fan of the speed lace but they are stupid light, comfortable but not much in ankle support. I work construction for context and put in 6-12 miles a day and usually 50-100 floors. I’m hard on boots. Always looking for something light that supports well and lasts a decent amount of time. Hope this helps
Very helpful, thank you!