Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

DuckDogDr

WKR
Getting a new bag.
Had my heart set on the western mountaineering sequoia GWS for a long time

Recently another member mentioned a Taiga sleeping bag on another post. The Taiga Scheherazade 30 seems to be pretty close into temp range. Is a semi rectangle , supposedly water proof, 1lb less weight and can get it sized for a short fat fella like myself and is more economical

Seems almost too good to be true.
I like everyone else’s would like to maximize my budget, however I have also spent time in the ER on a mid season elk hunt for exposure/ hypothermia after trying one of them hair brained quilt ideas and don’t want to repeat scenario of I’m on a remote fly in / drop hunt.

What’s your experiences . I am wanting to stay with a rectangular / semi rec design vs a mummy . I toss and turn too much, even in my own comfy bed and I like to spread out

jdmaxwell

WKR
No experience with your choices..
Really consider Stone Glacier..
Even though mummy bag it is Huge and I toss and turn bunch..

I have a WM Antelope and love it. Was intrigued with the comments on Taiga. I looked ar their website and think their cloud 9 30 is the closest equivalent. I'm not smart enough to figure out of the $510 is CA or USA? It knows I'm in CO so does that mean its US? But when i put it in my cart, its hitting me with over $60 tax, and i cant quite figure out the shipping, but it looks like its going to get me $70 for that. If those are US then it seems like I'm going to pay about the same for a Taiga vs WM. But like I said its not clear to me so I may be all messed up!

Decker9

WKR
Just for a reference, Wm antelope mf and a -5 taiga. I was able to save some bulk by going with a medium taiga, im 5’ 11” and the bag is rated for 5’10”.

A big difference in temp ratings, but I wouldn’t say either is better than the other, both are on par quality wise but the taiga was about half the price.

Attachments

• 5891177A-8436-4256-BF68-92635E512098.jpeg
    5891177A-8436-4256-BF68-92635E512098.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 17

BrodieBC

FNG
I have 2 years with my Taiga Ronin R20 quilt and love it. It packs down to a nalgene bottle and weighs almost nothing. Id buy a Taiga bag no hesitation if I decided to go back to a mummy bag for those colder late season hunts.

Got it. But that seems like an apples to oranges comparison of bags to me. The taiga cloud 9 30 looks like a more head to head (abiet me having no experience with their bags) antelope equivalent. Still ends up a good $150 or so cheaper after the taxes and shipping, which is nothing to sneeze at if comparable quality and not made overseas. Looks like they have some pretty interesting down pants options as well as I cruise their site. Thanks for pointing this brand out to me.

Looks promising, but I have about four different conversion charts open trying to figure out temperature ratings and in Canadian dollar to the American dollar.