Sitka Timberline pant

So I finally broke down and bought a pair of Timberline pants. They came in the other day and I just got the chance to try them on and holy short crotch. Has anyone else noticed this? I have never read a review about them stating such a low crotch. I have been wearing Sitka pants for years and have never had a pair of their pants fit me like this. I measured a pair of my ascent pants from the waist line to the crotch and it was 17" (size 40). The Timberline waist line to crotch was 13.5ish (size 40). I just emailed Sitka so will see what they have to say. Both times I have dealt with their customer service it has been awesome so I do not expect anything different.

Compared to the Ascents I had to go one size up with the Timberlines to get the knee patches in the right place. This works only because I always use them with a base layer and suspenders. Never noticed any difference in fit otherwise.

The waist sizing and pant length is a solid fit. Its the crotch length that is the problem. They fit like extreme skinny jeans in the ass end.

I normally wear a size 40 waist pant, but ordered the 42 in the Timberline (I have 2 pair). They fit like my normal 40 waist size pants. I guess like most Sitka gear for me, I had to size up one size.

Last edited:
I noticed my new Timberlines were a little shorter crotched than my old Timberlines, but not enough to really make a difference. Maybe you got a pair made on Friday. :) I don't size up in Sitka pants at all. In fact, they are one of the only tech hunting brands I don't size up in.

I agree with Kotaman...I ordered same size as my originals & needed to send back for a size up...the legs were huge for a short guy!

I just got a set from the black friday sale. Definitely not much room for the boys down there. Maybe this is why they come with suspenders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back