Sitka Mountain Optics Bino Harness Opinions?

Crazy Coot

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you that have experience with the Sitka Mountain Opics Bino Harness, what is your opinion of it? I realize there are several different options of bino harnesses out there but I’m only looking for info on this one. Any input would be appreciated!

AndrewMT34

Lil-Rokslider
I have one, I like it, but agree with Bruce that the larger pad upfront makes me hotter and sweatier than other harnesses. I typically use it during rifle season.

During archery season I use the Stone Glacier Skyline harness, which I really like.

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my mountain harness---after I modified it. The strap system SUCKS. Narrow webbing straps that dig into your shoulders--its a terrible design. The previous version of sitka's harness had a really nice strap system--so I cut it off and put it on the new mountain harness--not its my favorite.

Attachments

• IMG_8433.JPG
    IMG_8433.JPG
    256.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7977.JPG
    IMG_7977.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7976.JPG
    IMG_7976.JPG
    288 KB · Views: 38

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my mountain harness---after I modified it. The strap system SUCKS. Narrow webbing straps that dig into your shoulders--its a terrible design. The previous version of sitka's harness had a really nice strap system--so I cut it off and put it on the new mountain harness--not its my favorite.

Attachments

• aaaa.jpg
    aaaa.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 31
I like mine. Able to carry my binos, range finder, and I keep my release in the other pocket. I don't have any experience with another brand though. I do know that Stone Glacier makes some top notch stuff and would like to try that one out too.

mparks270

Lil-Rokslider
I like it. Used it on Kodiak early August and it is very handy with one of the side pouches for my rangefinder. I like the little phone pocket in the back as well.

I like it for active hunting like that but not for stand hunting. My biggest negative is that it's a pain for changing layers. I add a small carabiner to a regular neck strap for stand hunting so I can easily take the binos off to change layers.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I used one for a season and didn't care for it. The side panels are annoying, the straps are way too long and don't stay in the strap keepers, and the exterior material collects debris.

It does seem to be good quality, and I like that it comes with two pouches on the sides. I just think it would be better if you could remove them and not have the panels.

I really like mine. Have worn on day hunts for 2 years and just recently wore it for an 8 day backpack hunt. It is so comfortable, I would forget it was there and still have it on when I was getting into my sleeping bag. For reference, it had 10x42s, range finder and headlamp in right pocket, garmin 66i in left pocket, benchmade steep country and ferro rod in left sleeve, wind checker in right sleeve, compass, aquatabs, ziploc, lighter and 1/2 fuel cube in zipper pocket. Not sure the weight but that is quite heavy to essentially forget about. I like all the space it offers so I can keep my “first line” gear on me at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord