Sitka Kelvin WS Hoodie vs Kifaru Lost Parka

Anyone have experience with both? I'm mostly wondering about durability and wind stopping wise. I have read tons of great reviews of the lost parka but have never personally seen one. My brother has the Kelvin WS Hoodie and I'm super impressed with it. Yes it's not very packable but I'm willing to sacrifice that to stay on the mountain.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

MNhunter

FNG
The lost park is a pullover design which I kind of find to be a negative vs the full front zip. That's the only major draw back for me. I haven't had hands on the Kelvin ws down hoody.

Kifaru does have the LPP in half and full zip. There was a thread sometime in last year that compared a bunch of jackets, and the Kifaru and Sitka were both listed. I don't remember the name of it, maybe someone else does..... "Puffy Jacket Comparison, tear it up" maybe?

Search "puffy comparison" and check the thread "puffy comparison:tear it up". A ton of good info on both of those jackets.

OP
J
Perfect, that's the exact thread I was hoping to find...apparently I need to search harder next time.

Kotaman

WKR
I have both of them. The Lost Parka is even less packable than the WS. IMO the WS is WAY warmer while static. I WON'T pack the the Lost Parka on a hunt. I use it mostly for cold weather snow shoeing as it does a good job of moisture management. The Kelvin WS goes on every extreme weather hunt I go on but I won't pack it on an early season mountain hunt as it is just too heavy/bulky. Both nice jackets, but both very different jackets.

OP
J
How does the lost parka do with the wind? I was super impressed with the WS Hoodie in the wind.

*zap*

WKR
The WS is a pretty awesomely warm fairly packable outer layer. It really hold your body heat in which is what I want for being stationary.

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t have the kelvin WS but I’ve never used my LPP. It’s too bulky and loud and not very comfy imo. It’s supposed to be bombproof though so if I use it it will be for day hunts or at base camp.

You can get a lot warmer jackets with greater packability and lesser or equal weight. Like the SG Grumman, kuiu superdown pro, FL chamberlin, kelvin WS, or mountaineering jackets like the Montbell permafrost with gore windstopper (my warmest jacket, warmer than the FL chamberlin).

Tbh I didn’t find it much warmer than my kelvin lite hoody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: