Sitka Ambient 200

Sitka Ambient 200 jacket…..Does anyone have one of these yet? Any feedback? Liking this for late season applications.

TOLeary

WKR
I do not have the 200g but I have 150g and maybe you can extrapolate some information from my experience with the 150.

I Wouldn’t wear it while moving above 30 degrees. The warmest I wore it in was 35 degrees in snowy conditions first thing in the morning so no sun was up and I was a little too warm.

Might be a good summer “puffy” or an early fall whitetail “puffy” but that’s stretching it. Even then I don’t think it has enough use case for backpacking or stand hunting

idahodave

WKR
I have two. I bought a solid for everyday wear and loved it so much i bought a camo version exclusively for hunting.

They cover a LOT of ground from a temperature perspective. Not built for busting brush, but on all other fronts I’m a big fan.

OP
Swamppirate
I have two. I bought a solid for everyday wear and loved it so much i bought a camo version exclusively for hunting.

They cover a LOT of ground from a temperature perspective. Not built for busting brush, but on all other fronts I’m a big fan.
Can you give temp ranges and how you wear it? I.E. with base layer, mid layer, shell etc? I already have a Traverse which I use under a shell (I know the Ambient is lighter) and dont want to do a lot of doubling up on clothing pieces.

idahodave

WKR
I like First Lite Wick (150 gram) base with the Ambient as my mid-layer. It breathes SO much better than anything else in that arena. I have warmer options than the Ambient of course, but nothing I can move in without sweating my azz off.

The versatility of the Ambeint is what really sets it apart imho. Light, good warmth, great breathability, and relatively quiet.

The Wick, Ambient, and a good shell covers a loooot of ground. That combo will keep me relatively comfortable from 20-80.

Dave

OP
Swamppirate
Great info and that is what I was looking for. I have the Ambient hoodie, looks like I will be getting the 200 as well!

OP
Swamppirate
Did you end up getting the ambient 200? If so how did you like it? If not is there anything else you would recommend that is similar?

I actually did not get it. Since I just purchased the Sitka Aerolite vest, I decided to pair that with the Ambient hoody as part of my layering system.

Johnboy11

FNG
I actually did not get it. Since I just purchased the Sitka Aerolite vest, I decided to pair that with the Ambient hoody as part of my layering system.
ok thanks for the reply. Never had any experience with the aerolite my delft, but do have the ambient hoody. I May look in to it