Single Shot Mountain Rifle Build: CVA Scout

Pdzoller

WKR
What's your rough weight on this guy?
I’ll check. It’s not light but is very packable. I think after it’s finished it will be a little better. I’m mainly going to use it for a pack gun off my enduro. Of course that depends on how well it shoots. There is also storage inside the tube of the stock. Thinking I’ll probably put a little cleaning kit inside.

yycyak

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks sir, appreciate it. Mine is "a tank" as well - It was over 9.5lbs with an LRHS on it. I switched to an SWFA fixed 10x, and that brought it to just over 8.5lbs.

So I guess if a guy is thinking of using on of these for a lightweight build.... maybe not so much.

They sure are darn compact though - Really enjoy packing it on the pack frame.
Little thing is a tank. 9lbs 5oz

Pdzoller

WKR
Took it out to see how it did with five different factory loads. Not picky. 1.75” was the largest, 1.25” was the smallest. Each was a five shot group. I think it’s promising. Hopefully they tighten up but I’m definitely not complaining. Got a machinist friend that is going to chop, thread and flute it. I’ll post pics when he’s done.

I had one in 300 blk out that I wish I wouldn't have got rid of. It was a lot of fun with sub sonics. At 16" with a suppressor, I could hold it with one hand to my side and it not touch the ground.

OP
Long Cut

Long Cut

WKR
Thanks sir, appreciate it. Mine is "a tank" as well - It was over 9.5lbs with an LRHS on it. I switched to an SWFA fixed 10x, and that brought it to just over 8.5lbs.

So I guess if a guy is thinking of using on of these for a lightweight build.... maybe not so much.

They sure are darn compact though - Really enjoy packing it on the pack frame.
These rifles are “best” left in their factory configuration, aside from maybe chopping the barrel down to 16-18”. The adjustable stock mod ends up weighting more and costing several hundred dollars. That plastic factory stock weights like 6-8oz if memory serves me correct.

Adding a 25-30oz scope, bipod and 7” long suppressor is going to weight the gun down significantly.
These guns are “best” setup in my opinion, with fixed power SWFA’s, SWFA 3-9’s or ideally SWFA UL’s. An LVPO wouldn’t be a bad idea, either.

Again, mine with a 20” barrel, stock pouch loaded with ammo & pocket knife weighted in at 7.10#
Is that “ultra light”… no, but 7# is a practical hunting weight in my opinion.
IMG_7989.jpeg

Pdzoller

WKR
These rifles are “best” left in their factory configuration, aside from maybe chopping the barrel down to 16-18”. The adjustable stock mod ends up weighting more and costing several hundred dollars. That plastic factory stock weights like 6-8oz if memory serves me correct.

Adding a 25-30oz scope, bipod and 7” long suppressor is going to weight the gun down significantly.
These guns are “best” setup in my opinion, with fixed power SWFA’s, SWFA 3-9’s or ideally SWFA UL’s. An LVPO wouldn’t be a bad idea, either.

Again, mine with a 20” barrel, stock pouch loaded with ammo & pocket knife weighted in at 7.10#
Is that “ultra light”… no, but 7# is a practical hunting weight in my opinion.
View attachment 744498
That’s a cool little setup!

Totally agree if using for a backpack rifle. As for my needs it’s being carried by my bike and I don’t intend on carrying it more than maybe a mile at most. Being compact, fairly quick to deploy and able to shoot with decent accuracy out to 500 is my goal with it. It’s a fun project that I currently enjoy tinkering with.