Single Shot Mountain Rifle Build: CVA Scout

Bluefish

WKR
Tc contenders are lighter, but not a lot. With silencer and scope I am right about 8 lbs with a contender. Not a lw barrel, but 7/8” bull barrel, 20”. It is short. With a 20” barrel its shorter than an 18” ar.

Choupique

WKR
CVA scout 2 is a very underrated rifle. Yes they are heavy for their length but they're still very short, and very cheap. I've shot about a dozen of them and they all shot great. I hate that they put the big gorilla bull barrel on the stainless ones. Makes them insanely barrel heavy

OP
Long Cut

Long Cut

WKR
CVA Scout claims another

24 yards broadside shot
49 yards from shot site to recovery - double lung hit
Blood trail was significant- no bending over required. Found a piece of lung in the briars.

140gr Nosler BT
Lapua SRP Brass
Viht N555

IMG_0012.jpegIMG_9966.jpegA4371CF2-5E2A-4454-9986-F5CC5CDBD2CE.jpegIMG_9955.jpegIMG_9952.jpeg

Looking for some help.
My soon to be 7yo son surprised me by wanting to go along with me while deer hunting recently. He stuck it out in the blind with me way longer than I expected a few different days, and wants to keep going.
im thrilled he wants to get out at this age.
He wants to also be able to shoot, so been working teaching safety with him first and foremost. Doing great, so I told him we'd begin shooting together soon with the 22s
I've been trying to figure out a deer rifle for next falls mentored hunt. It's hard to find something that fits someone so little.
PA doesn't allow semis so I can't let him use the pencil barreled AR with collapsible stock that fits him.
This and the Hobbit rifle thread has given me inspiration. I ordered a 16.5" barreled Cva scout in 300blk. Trying to decide whether to go with the Sharp's Bros, or Farrowtech adapters. It looks like the Sharps and Farrowtech that use the picatinny interface will add some length over the Farrowtech with just the plain tube threads. Looking at folders too, but not sure if any of the configurations will be too long for him right now.
Can anyone tell me what the shortest Length of Pull their setups have with the stocks collapsed and what they are running for parts?
I measured his LOP right now at 9" so would like to get in that ballpark.
Thank you.

Geewhiz

WKR
IMG_3413.jpeg
Chopped to 18” and threaded. That’s a tbac 338 ultra which is not a small can and it’s still 2 inches shorter than a 22” bolt rifle. As they sit in this pic the cva is 2 oz lighter than the bolt rifle.

OP
Long Cut

Long Cut

WKR
Looking for some help.
My soon to be 7yo son surprised me by wanting to go along with me while deer hunting recently. He stuck it out in the blind with me way longer than I expected a few different days, and wants to keep going.
im thrilled he wants to get out at this age.
He wants to also be able to shoot, so been working teaching safety with him first and foremost. Doing great, so I told him we'd begin shooting together soon with the 22s
I've been trying to figure out a deer rifle for next falls mentored hunt. It's hard to find something that fits someone so little.
PA doesn't allow semis so I can't let him use the pencil barreled AR with collapsible stock that fits him.
This and the Hobbit rifle thread has given me inspiration. I ordered a 16.5" barreled Cva scout in 300blk. Trying to decide whether to go with the Sharp's Bros, or Farrowtech adapters. It looks like the Sharps and Farrowtech that use the picatinny interface will add some length over the Farrowtech with just the plain tube threads. Looking at folders too, but not sure if any of the configurations will be too long for him right now.
Can anyone tell me what the shortest Length of Pull their setups have with the stocks collapsed and what they are running for parts?
I measured his LOP right now at 9" so would like to get in that ballpark.
Thank you.

I wish I had a Sharp’s or FT stock to give you some numbers. Have you tried to reach out to the manufacturer and see if they have any more data on-hand?

I hope your son enjoys the CVA Scout. The .300BO is an excellent choice as well. Suppressed that should be a fun gun to shoot.

USAF Ret

FNG
I just bought a CVA Scout Compact in 6.5 Creedmoor myself. Got an alert from Sharps that they had the CVA grip interface in stock and immediately snapped it up. I am getting the folding adapter to use an AR buffer tube, as the minimal stocks that are available with the picatinny rail are not very suitable. I am looking at a Magpul CTR with the comb insert. This is a great thread. Thanks.

Geewhiz

WKR
I just bought a CVA Scout Compact in 6.5 Creedmoor myself. Got an alert from Sharps that they had the CVA grip interface in stock and immediately snapped it up. I am getting the folding adapter to use an AR buffer tube, as the minimal stocks that are available with the picatinny rail are not very suitable. I am looking at a Magpul CTR with the comb insert. This is a great thread. Thanks.
So you got the sharps grip with the pic rail and then got a pic rail to buffer tube folding adapter?

I wish sharps bros made a grip with buffer tube threads instead of a pic rail. Smoke composites makes some really cool light weight buffer tube butt stocks that I’d like to use

My CVA Scout in .35 Whelen is in the classifieds if anybody is interested. Stainless/fluted 24" barrel including brake. Burris Fulfield E1 4.5-12x42.

USAF Ret

FNG
So you got the sharps grip with the pic rail and then got a pic rail to buffer tube folding adapter?

I wish sharps bros made a grip with buffer tube threads instead of a pic rail. Smoke composites makes some really cool light weight buffer tube butt stocks that I’d like to use
Only ordered the grip. Waiting on it to get here before I buy the adapter.

Thinking about a project.

CVA Scout pistol in 300 Blackout suppressed for a suburban deer eradication rig. Will a CVA Scout pistol fit in a typical hunting pack? Man imagine settling in stand before daylight and sliding a pistol out, screwing on the can and ready to hunt.

Geewhiz

WKR
IMG_3962.jpeg

Here’s mine I just finished up.

Cva scout in 6.5cm chopped to 18” and threaded with a Diligent defense enticer lti can, swfa 10x. Looking forward to seeing what It can do.

As it sits it’s 9 lbs 2 oz

z987k

WKR
I wish they'd sell just the frame and you could buy a barrel like the T/C. I really want nothing to do with their barrel contours or chamberings, but I'd like a single shot frame for $300.

Geewhiz

WKR
I wish they'd sell just the frame and you could buy a barrel like the T/C. I really want nothing to do with their barrel contours or chamberings, but I'd like a single shot frame for $300.
The barrels are weighty that's for sure and I don't believe there is anyone that makes aftermarket barrels for them which is lame.