Silvertip vs silex

Birdman88

Lil-Rokslider
Just wondering which one you would choose? I have a cimmaron and like it, just looking for solo tent I can run with my stove for late season hunts and also throw a nest in during early season. Not too concerned about the weight difference between the two, which is about 3/4# if I remember correctly.

I have had a Silvertip and currently have a DCF Silex. Neither have stove jacks. I kept the Silex because it was lighter and easier to set up, however if using a stove the Silvertip would get my vote for space, the Silex feels hard to spread out in without a stove.

I have a DCF Cimmaron, which is lighter than the Silvertip was and has a stove jack.

Thanks for the feed back. Am I missing something or does seek not carry the silvertip anymore and did they ever have half nest for them?

If I was getting a stove jack put in a shelter I would have it so that it attached with velcro. Then I would have a vent made which would fit that and I could switch them.....also would have a second stove jack so when/if there was an issue I could just swap em out. That is how my ti-goat 7.5 is done and it also has a screen door that attaches with velcro. Seek should do those two things that same way imo. Stich in the velcro for screens on all shelters and then someone could add screens if they want too.

Having run the silvertip, cimarron lite and cimarron dcf would stick with the cimarron you have. Reason being ease of pitch, better layout and weight difference is very, very minimal…🤙

The Silex is tight with a stove. I burned holes in mine on the stove side trying to load wood into one night. Without a stove it’s a sweet setup for one.

I'm 6'2" too. I used sketchup to model the silvertip and then went with the Silex. A 6'6" sleeping bag is not going to like the silvertip. You will be sleeping with the fabric touching you at both ends. The Silvertip was made for short guys going solo, the geometry just doesn't work with someone taller.
I have tons of room in the Silex even with a cub stove in it. It's also way easier to pitch.

Edit:
Before I got the Silex I had an LBO with Annex. I ditched it because with the stove jack location I could only fit along the long wall and still had fabric brushing me. I was too tall to fit in the LBO portion alone.

No silvertip new with so now. Bear paw could probably make a nest.
I have a half nest that I had Bearpaw make for me,( when I had a silver tip)I only used it a couple of times before I bought a bigger shelter. I’d be willing to sell it if anyone is interested
Just p m me

I have a cimaron lite with stove as well as a silvertip (no stove) and silex (no stove. I'm 6'4" and run a lanshan 1 solid inner in my silvertip and love that setup. I'm selling my silex, it's not for me. I like having multiple tents. I run my silvertip above treeline or when expecting weather, my cimarron late season when I want heat and I just picked up a xmid 1 solid I'll use for a run and gun setup

I have a cimaron lite with stove as well as a silvertip (no stove) and silex (no stove. I'm 6'4" and run a lanshan 1 solid inner in my silvertip and love that setup. I'm selling my silex, it's not for me. I like having multiple tents. I run my silvertip above treeline or when expecting weather, my cimarron late season when I want heat and I just picked up a xmid 1 solid I'll use for a run and gun setup
Where did you pick up your lanshan solid inner? Looks like a great option but I’m having a hard time finding a reputable seller.

Back