Silencerco Scythe TI review

AKJ

FNG
Well my sacrifice in being an early adopter of the Alaskan 360 Ti has paid off..

Scythe-Ti : Certified on 10/11/23, Approved on 12/8/23! 🥳

The Alaskan 360, in its steel version is fine for what it is. Not the quietest with its 4 baffles, but versatile and competitively priced. The 360 Ti falls way short in its cost vs performance.
Seems any info I find is on the Ti version of the Alaskan 360 and wondering if the steel has a different tone. Is there that big of a sound difference between the steel version and the Scythe?

AKJ

FNG
I’m curious to know what your overall thoughts are between the two. Or anyone else who has shot these cans. I talked to a local gun store that has used the raptor 8, both versions of the Alaskan, and the scythe ti. They put the raptor and both Alaskans above the Scythe ti, saying the steel Alaskan has a lower tone than the ti version. They said the scythe ti did not suppress as well and had more recoil, even with the brake end cap.

Presswood_936

Lil-Rokslider
I’m curious to know what your overall thoughts are between the two. Or anyone else who has shot these cans. I talked to a local gun store that has used the raptor 8, both versions of the Alaskan, and the scythe ti. They put the raptor and both Alaskans above the Scythe ti, saying the steel Alaskan has a lower tone than the ti version. They said the scythe ti did not suppress as well and had more recoil, even with the brake end cap.
Did that gun store only have the Alaskans in stock ? lol

Tahoe1305

WKR
Yeah not refuting based on personal experience. But that would go against what many here and other places have said about the Scythe. Fact is the Alaskan has 4 baffles and the scythe 7. The Alaskan has a much bigger hole so to speak as well. I’d find it hard to believe true, especially in light of other folks comparisons.

Some did say the raptor 8 with a reflex is a good comparison though. In another thread I posted a snipershide comparison to the gen2 Ultra7 that had them equivalent as well. A few videos yesterday had the folks comparing to the nomad ti and it was also “too close to call”.

Haven’t heard anyone say the Alaskan is good (except the poor female hunter they must have paid a ton to in the advertisements ).

Reactions: AKJ
OP
C
That guy is smoking crack if he thinks a 4 baffle, smaller diameter can is quieter than the scythe. The alaskan 360ti is the 2nd loudest can i own, only beating the raptor 4 stack in my testing. And thats shooting it on 6.5 prc and 300 prc. Even shot it on a 9mm pistol, it was much louder than the tiny little AB f4 I have

I bought a Scythe Ti this morning. It will join the stable. I have two other direct-thread 30 cal cans: a SilencerCo Harvester 30 from a few years back, and a Gemtech Tracker. I like both. This one will be much lighter and shorter than either, and it will share mounts with the Harvest. That is helpful, as I have rifles threaded in 1/2-28 and 9/16-24 in addition to the more common 5/8-24.

ETA: I checked the Form 4 on my Harvester. I bought it in 2016. The model was just plain "Harvester" back then. I think it is an early one before they added the other models. Form was submitted by mail on 2/28/16 and approved on 10/3/16. I've had them take far longer.

Last edited:
For those who have been able to compare the DD S-Ti, and have found the Scythe ti quieter between the two; how much quieter would you say it is? How does it compare with first round pop?

Is it as quiet as the L-ti?

I was trying to digest the data and comparisons I read about in the "Thunderbeast Summit" this past summer... https://thunderbeastarms.com/sound/summit2023/

unfortunately the Scythe Ti was not tested... any thoughts on how it would have fared?

At least for 30 cal cans on a 308 rifle, out of the lightest 30 cans tested...

The lightest weight was the Enticer S (not sure if it was their ti model or not??), 9.5oz. It was ranked 11th out of 30 in performance (pressure and decibles).

Best performance overall (but not lightest) was Hydrogen L. (13.9oz)

Lightest "top 5" performance cans were:

Resilient Jolene, 10.7 oz, and was ranked #4.

&

DD enticer L-Ti, 10.9oz, ranked 5th.

For those who have been able to compare the DD S-Ti, and have found the Scythe ti quieter between the two; how much quieter would you say it is? How does it compare with first round pop?

Is it as quiet as the L-ti?

I was trying to digest the data and comparisons I read about in the "Thunderbeast Summit" this past summer... https://thunderbeastarms.com/sound/summit2023/

unfortunately the Scythe Ti was not tested... any thoughts on how it would have fared?

At least for 30 cal cans on a 308 rifle, out of the lightest 30 cans tested...

The lightest weight was the Enticer S (not sure if it was their ti model or not??), 9.5oz. It was ranked 11th out of 30 in performance (pressure and decibles).

Best performance overall (but not lightest) was Hydrogen L. (13.9oz)

Lightest "top 5" performance cans were:

Resilient Jolene, 10.7 oz, and was ranked #4.

&

DD enticer L-Ti, 10.9oz, ranked 5th.
I also would like to hear about this. Hoping to purchase a Scythe, DD Enticer, or Hyperion K in the next week or so

I also would like to hear about this. Hoping to purchase a Scythe, DD Enticer, or Hyperion K in the next week or so
FYI, I heard that Resilient is coming out with a "Jolene S" model that should weigh just 7.3oz. In a couple weeks supposedly... Could be another contender in the same suppression and weight bracket as the DD S-Ti and Scythe Ti.

As ive been weeding through a similar decision, I created my own spreadsheet to better organize the data I found in that "Sound Summit" from this past summer. Again, it didnt include the Scythe directly unfortunately, but there have been a number of mentions elsewhere that compare the scythe to various other suppressors that were tested, like the S-Ti. If you find it useful, here is a link to the spreadsheet data I created in Google Sheets.

FYI, I heard that Resilient is coming out with a "Jolene S" model that should weigh just 7.3oz. In a couple weeks supposedly... Could be another contender in the same suppression and weight bracket as the DD S-Ti and Scythe Ti.

As ive been weeding through a similar decision, I created my own spreadsheet to better organize the data I found in that "Sound Summit" from this past summer. Again, it didnt include the Scythe directly unfortunately, but there have been a number of mentions elsewhere that compare the scythe to various other suppressors that were tested, like the S-Ti. If you find it useful, here is a link to the spreadsheet data I created in Google Sheets.

That’s super helpful.. thank you!

WKR

WKR

Looks like the original Jolene has some substantial barrel length restrictions. Will the new model still have the same ?

Well my sacrifice in being an early adopter of the Alaskan 360 Ti has paid off..

Scythe-Ti : Certified on 10/11/23, Approved on 12/8/23! 🥳

The Alaskan 360, in its steel version is fine for what it is. Not the quietest with its 4 baffles, but versatile and competitively priced. The 360 Ti falls way short in its cost vs performance.
Was this individual or trust? That's a super short wait!

Titan

WKR
Ordered my scythe from TheGunDock on 11/27. Still hasn’t shipped to my FFL.

Anyone else order theirs from this dealer? Never ordered one outside of SS so not sure what to expect.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Ordered my scythe from TheGunDock on 11/27. Still hasn’t shipped to my FFL.

Anyone else order theirs from this dealer? Never ordered one outside of SS so not sure what to expect.
Form 3s do take a bit. With both holidays I wouldn’t worry for another two weeks