Silencerco omega 300 DTM for my first (probably only) suppressor?

BKM

FNG
Looking at buying my first suppressor for my tikka 6.5cm that will be chopped to 16-18”. I’m looking for good all around performance without breaking the bank and this one seems to check all the boxes.

Any good or bad experiences? Other suggestions in the $600 range?

I have a sample size of 1 but I am happy with my Resilient Jolene S. All titanium, 8.5 oz, ~$650 but you can probably get them for a little less.

Other ones that I looked at were the Harvester Evo and AB Warthog/A10. Went with the Jolene S for the Ti and weight.

Got one on a Sig Cross. Seems like its a pretty good can.
Not the most quiet but I'm still shooting the 30 cal. end cap. Its still perfectly good for hunting applications. I still wear ear pro at the range though. Seems like it gives off plenty of heat mirage but it does cool off pretty quick.
Don't notice any accuracy issues. But I'm only 300ish rounds into it.
Screenshot_20240624_094441_Gallery.jpg

There are tons of great cans out there. Take a look at a bunch before deciding.
and it probably won't be your only can. Everyone I know that said "I'm only buying one." ended up buying at least one more. 😁

I've been researching heavily and I decided on the scythe. However, for hunting weight/length, performance, and price you should look at the diligent defense s-ti, raptor 8, and resilient Jolene and Jolene S

OP
B

BKM

FNG
Length isn’t a huge issue for me, my hunting shots are 200 and less so I’m probably chopping to 16.5” that would put me at the equivalent of a 26”barrel

I use a tripod In pretty good sized box blinds so that length isn’t a issue

OP
B

BKM

FNG
My biggest concern is just getting hearing safe. My kids do most all the shooting and I want to lose hearing protection for hunting situations so we can talk through the shot process.

We use over the ear protection with microphones now, it works but it’s not ideal

My biggest concern is just getting hearing safe. My kids do most all the shooting and I want to lose hearing protection for hunting situations so we can talk through the shot process.

We use over the ear protection with microphones now, it works but it’s not ideal

In that case, a DD L-ti or a raptor 8 or 10 with the reflex may be your best option. The raptors sound awesome because they apparently are very quiet without the reflex and you can use the reflex for range or shooting with kids to make them even quieter.

Read through these. There's great info on quite a few suppressors

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads...-cgs-hyperion-k-thunder-beast-dominus.296944/

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/silencerco-scythe-ti-review.332996/

OP
B

BKM

FNG
In that case, a DD L-ti or a raptor 8 or 10 with the reflex may be your best option. The raptors sound awesome because they apparently are very quiet without the reflex and you can use the reflex for range or shooting with kids to make them even quieter.

Read through these. There's great info on quite a few suppressors

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads...-cgs-hyperion-k-thunder-beast-dominus.296944/

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/silencerco-scythe-ti-review.332996/
I’ve never looked at the raptor suppressor, it’s a pretty interesting design

I bet the 10 baffle with the longest blast chamber would be really nice on a 6.5cm

wesfromky

WKR
I’ve never looked at the raptor suppressor, it’s a pretty interesting design

I bet the 10 baffle with the longest blast chamber would be really nice on a 6.5cm
Otter creek and TBAC also make 6.5 bore suppressors. I would guess one of the L lengths in 6.5 would be just about as quiet as you can get on a 6.5cm.