Sighting in knight ultralight

ocurtis

Lil-Rokslider
Getting ready for hunting season in a couple weeks here in WA with my new knight ultralight I bought right before they decided they were worth Gold. Anyways...

Shooting carnivore smackdown 305 grain (50 cal) with 2 pellets of triple 7. Fairly consistently hitting 2" groups at 100 yards

WA allowed red dots this year so I have the Leopold.

What I noticed was that with a clean bore, the bullet seated pretty easily. After one show and a dry swab, it's difficult but not impossible. After a second shot even with dry swab, it's damn near impossible. This seem right with Y'all? A lot to learn with ML hunting but looking forward to it! Pretty happy so far

Attachments

• IMG_1476.jpeg
    IMG_1476.jpeg
    553.6 KB · Views: 4
What primer are you using? Probably getting a crud ring from a 209 primer. I use Blackhorn 209 in my knight and even after 12 shots it loads the same.

OP
ocurtis

ocurtis

Lil-Rokslider
What primer are you using? Probably getting a crud ring from a 209 primer. I use Blackhorn 209 in my knight and even after 12 shots it loads the same.
Yes 209 primer. And yeah lots of crud in the when I removed the breach plug. Is this what you mean? Is there a better solution?

OP
ocurtis

ocurtis

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry if I didnt understand, I am using a 209 muzzleloader primer - Winchester #209 triple 7 primers

Well that should work. I've never shot pellets. I know when I used to shoot Triple 7, I used western ignition. Musket cap or #11. I would swab with a mixture of rubbing alcohol and windex.