Sight Seeing or Fishing after hunt question

Rich M

WKR
Have a guided hunt 2nd week of October out of Buffalo Wy. Will have 2 goof days.

Anything we should try to see or just go fish the miracle mile?

jayhawk

WKR
I've been to Buffalo many times. Visit the Little Bighorn Battlefield or Fort Phil Kearny (Fetterman Massacre site). They're both very interesting and one-of-a-kind

+1 for the Little Bighorn battlefield. It’s worth a visit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hiker270

WKR
If the weather is decent fishing The Miracle Mile or Grey Reef are worth giving a shot. Frontier Canyon is a sight worth seeing also. I spent 3 days fishing these areas on the North Platte in 2021 before an archery antelope hunt. Beautiful river and there weren't a lot of fishermen. Only 1 other guy in Fremont Canyon. There are quite a few public access places or you can hire a guide at one of the many fly shops.

OP
R

Rich M

WKR
Fish. You wouldn't do it otherwise would you?

Used to stream & small river trout fish a lot before moving to FL and kinda miss it. FL has other kinds of fish...but is much different than fishing a stream or river. Will spend at least some time fishing for trout.

Just want to make sure we see the "other" stuff that needs seeing.

Hunted near Devil's Tower couple years back and enjoyed that plus Mt Rushmore on the way home. They were well worth the time to see.

TexasEx

FNG
Seconding Frontier Canyon and Grey Reef. No idea what the conditions are like currently, but when I fished the Platte a couple years ago it was our most productive hole.