Sight mark wraith

Anyone own one? How do you like it?

I got a 4-32 but think it’s over kill for my area and I will lose out. So I ordered the 2-16 now and will send the other back

I know it’s a budget night vision for the amount I will use it hope it’s good enough

WCB

WKR
I dont own one but have shot my buddies a little bit and he uses it a lot. He likes it way more than the lower end Thermal he used to own. He upgraded the light and obviously uses a thermal scanner for spotting. He feels that he doesn't miss out on anything over a Thermal scope for his uses since he strictly uses it for when he pulls the trigger.

I've gone back and forth on getting one the last couple years should probably just bite the bullet and do it.

I got a 4-32 but think it’s over kill for my area and I will lose out. So I ordered the 2-16 now and will send the other back

I know it’s a budget night vision for the amount I will use it hope it’s good enough
I love mine for here in Michigan, fox and coyote good scope, I run a external battery pack for when it's cold out and long nights

I have one too and haven’t really “figured it out” yet. What light are people using? It comes with one. And are you spotting them with a handheld light first? Sorry to hijack but the responses may help the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one too and haven’t really “figured it out” yet. What light are people using? It comes with one. And are you spotting them with a handheld light first? Sorry to hijack but the responses may help the OP.

They are an awsome peice of glass when paired with a ns750 or a coyote cannon IR light. I use a thermal monocular to spot targets coming to the call then switch to the gun.

I started with an agm 160, which let me detect heat signatures out a couple hundred yards and just upgraded to the pulsar axion xm30. Which will triple my detection range , I don't care about i.d as much as I do about detection with the handheld thermal, because I'm going to the gun either way , my buddy as the agm taipan which is a really nice unit for the money.

I also started with the 4x32 I traded that in for a 2-16 and am much happier.

I also started with the 4x32 I traded that in for a 2-16 and am much happier.

I too got the 4x unknowingly on a sale. At the time I was unaware of the 2x. How much of a difference is there. At most we shoot 400 yards as the tree lines break up our fields. Is the 2x that much better for those distances or is the 4x serviceable? If 2x is worth it I could trade or sell and rebuy.

Same here on yardage.... You will probably be much more happy with the 2-16 I know I was, one click and your at 4 power. 4 power is a little much for some of my sets here I mostly hunt farms I like to start on two power when calling, I've never thought man I can't zoom in enough with the 2-16 but I have wished I wasent on 4 power in some sets for field of view. It's quick action and them bastards can move and pop up quick I like to be able to see what's going on felt like to much tunnel vision with the 4x but it'll definetly work I just prefer the 2-16

mt100gr.

WKR
Same here on yardage.... You will probably be much more happy with the 2-16 I know I was, one click and your at 4 power. 4 power is a little much for some of my sets here I mostly hunt farms I like to start on two power when calling, I've never thought man I can't zoom in enough with the 2-16 but I have wished I wasent on 4 power in some sets for field of view. It's quick action and them bastards can move and pop up quick I like to be able to see what's going on felt like to much tunnel vision with the 4x but it'll definetly work I just prefer the 2-16
What would you consider the effective range for positive ID and shooting? I have a couple places where ID'ing could be a concern. Do you have the newer Wraith 4k? Any info on that?

Trying to decide if a good thermal scanner and NV weapon sight might be more appropriate for my uses. Thanks.

What would you consider the effective range for positive ID and shooting? I have a couple places where ID'ing could be a concern. Do you have the newer Wraith 4k? Any info on that?

Trying to decide if a good thermal scanner and NV weapon sight might be more appropriate for my uses. Thanks.
Depends on weather conditions, in my wraith at night with a good IR you can see animals 5 600 yrds easy , it's important to know your yardage it can get very deceiving shooting st night unless you have ranged treelines or things prior. I don't have the 4k I really like my thermal scanner NV scope combo, the scanner is key for me even driving around checking spots , or sneaking into sets. I don't want to switch to a thermal scope mainly because of the fact that I don't want to have to feel like I need to be on my gun all night scanning I already invested in a good scanner NV gets the job done just fine, I guess maybe if I had disposable income but I like that I can use it as a daytime scope as well. Plus ID is alot easier with my wraith I hunt around alot fo farms and stuff where dogs and cats are a regular occurrence

Last edited:

mt100gr.

WKR
Depends on weather conditions, in my wraith at night with a good IR you can see animals 5 600 years easy , it's important to know your yardage it can get very deceiving shooting st night unless you have ranged treelines or things prior. I don't have the 4k I really like my thermal scanner NV scope combo, the scanner is key for me even driving around checking spots , or sneaking into sets. I don't want to switch to a thermal scope mainly because of the fact that I don't want to have to feel like I need to be on my gun all night scanning I already invested in a good scanner NV gets the job done just fine, I guess maybe if I had disposable income but I like that I can use it as a daytime scope as well. Plus ID is alot easier with my wraith I hunt around alot fo farms and stuff where dogs and cats are a regular occurrence
Thanks for the info!

The wraiths are a good staring point for night hunting and I feel like, with good IR, you can shoot as far or further than you can with most thermal. The down side is you cant see into or through brush or tall grass. The IR light just washes out on whatever is closest. I think the 4x was too much and you lost a lot of FOV. With the wraith 4x and sniper hog lights 66 I could see coyotes out to 7-800 yards, especially with snow on the ground. The 2x or 3x 4k with better IR and a thermal scanner like the taipan 15 or 19 will cover you in most cases.
I started with the wraith 2 years ago, went to a 384 thermal, then got a thermal scanner, and now have a 640 thermal. Recently got a helmet mounted pvs14 for driving and walking. It can be addicting...

Spook1

FNG
I am new to night hunting. Not to hijack your thread but what is a good entry level scanner you guys would recommend.

Spook1

FNG
Thanks for the heads up on the scanner. For that price I probably couldn’t do any better could I?