Sight housing size

Texowa

FNG
I’m wandering what size housing most prefer on their bow sights. I’m looking at buying a new one and don’t know what to think. I’m a whitetail hunter from Iowa and going on my first mule deer archery trip to CO. I have a 2in housing on my cheap sight now, but I am going to upgrade to a black gold I think. Let me know what you fellas prefer and why.
As always, I appreciate ya.

Larger pin guard sets you up to run a larger peep sight, to some degree difference is pretty slim when it's 30" out there. Larger peep is better in low light.

Trial153

WKR
I stopped changing if up. I feel the positives of more light and bigger FOV with a 2" housing is worth it. Even on my open country set ups with 3/16 peeps I run 2inch housings on dovetails.

TSAMP

WKR
What peep size do you run? i bought a MBG standard housing not even thinking about it. Its about 40 bucks to buy the bigger housing only which i need to do and swap them out. I have alot of slop with the standard, id reccomend going with a bigger one. Especially if you run a 1/4" peep.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I like a large peep site. Other than aesthetics, I couldn’t care less what size or shape my sight housing is. The only purpose for a sight housing for me is to protect my pins.

OP
Texowa

Texowa

FNG
I like a large peep site. Other than aesthetics, I couldn’t care less what size or shape my sight housing is. The only purpose for a sight housing for me is to protect my pins.
What peep size do you run? i bought a MBG standard housing not even thinking about it. Its about 40 bucks to buy the bigger housing only which i need to do and swap them out. I have alot of slop with the standard, id reccomend going with a bigger one. Especially if you run a 1/4" peep.
That helps. Thanks

Swampwise

FNG
I don't use a peep and like larger pin housings, but have a Hindsight with the rear aperture gutted on two bows and run 1 7\8 and 2 inches on those. Have never shot with a peep sight.