Sig Zulu 6 - Image Stabilizing From A Boat..?

Buddy and I drew a SE Alaska black bear tag for Spring 2025, we will be going DIY and wondering the best optics setup for this hunt. Of course the image stabilization in the Sig Zulu 6 has my attention, probably the 10x or 12x. I have handled the 12x and was pretty impressed, glass without the IS was not the best but better than I was expecting. Question is, given that we will be doing quick glassing from the boat, is this a place where the Zulu 6 would shine or is the larger up/down from waves actually work against the image stabilization in some way?

Thanks!

I have not used mine on a boat….. but have used them driving down a highway at 70mph and on bumpy roads going 20+…. I would assume they would be amazing on a boat!

bigbuckdj

WKR
I would think they’d do really well on a boat. The increased FOV of the 10s vs the 12s or 16s is really noticeable if you are using just one pair.

I briefly used a borrow pair on a boat and they worked very well. It obviously depends on water conditions but I was able to glass some animals with incredibly stability.

Time2fish

Lil-Rokslider
I float canyon rivers in a raft, smallmouth bass fish larger rivers, and crab in estuaries out of a power boat. The 12’s are pretty sweet I take them always in the boat. I would probably prefer the 10x30’s since I’m not using them at distance or low light, but if I was going to AK for bear or deer the 12’s are a great option. I did have them on a dory boat in 8ft swells and that was tough, but obviously much better than any non stabilized binos.

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Zulu 12X and use them tuna fishing during the summer, they work way better than regular bino's for me but aren't equal to real giro stabilization, but when its fairly calm out it's all you need!