Sig Zulu 6 - Image Stabilizing From A Boat..?

Buddy and I drew a SE Alaska black bear tag for Spring 2025, we will be going DIY and wondering the best optics setup for this hunt. Of course the image stabilization in the Sig Zulu 6 has my attention, probably the 10x or 12x. I have handled the 12x and was pretty impressed, glass without the IS was not the best but better than I was expecting. Question is, given that we will be doing quick glassing from the boat, is this a place where the Zulu 6 would shine or is the larger up/down from waves actually work against the image stabilization in some way?

Thanks!

I have not used mine on a boat….. but have used them driving down a highway at 70mph and on bumpy roads going 20+…. I would assume they would be amazing on a boat!

bigbuckdj

WKR
I would think they’d do really well on a boat. The increased FOV of the 10s vs the 12s or 16s is really noticeable if you are using just one pair.

I briefly used a borrow pair on a boat and they worked very well. It obviously depends on water conditions but I was able to glass some animals with incredibly stability.