Sig whiskey 3 hellfire vs Riton 1primal 4-12x50

tstaulcu

FNG
Hey so I’m looking for a scope to put on my AR10 for hunting whitetail. I am looking to spend $400 or less. I have been looking at the sig sauer whiskey 3 hellfire and riton 1 primal 4-12x50 because of the illuminated reticle. Does anyone have any experience with these particular brands and models and what would you recommend? Thanks!

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Have you looked at the MeoptaMeoSport R 3-15x50 RD SFP-4C
The MeoSport R 3-15x50 RD features a side focus from 10 yards to infinity, exposed 0.1 Mil windage and elevation adjustments with zero-reset turrets that lock, and an illuminated red dot reticle that makes it easier to get on target swiftly and accurately in low light. The lighter, sleek design incorporates a low-profile power ring that is easy to adjust, even when wearing gloves.

OP
T

tstaulcu

FNG
Hey thanks for the reply, I do not know much about that company but I have heard good things about them in threads. However for the hunting I will be doing I really don’t need that much magnification. Honestly the only reason I am going with 12x is in case I was to take some long shots at the range. Will mostly be hunting less than 200 yards. My brother loves his riton but they just are not well known and I’ve heard mix reviews about the Sig sauer

OP
T

tstaulcu

FNG
True your probably right, the sig has a 3-9x50 that I could get I just don’t know how the two compare brands compare. So I was hoping someone may have experience on one vs the other and could tell me what they think. Sig is an established brand but you never know with entry level scopes. I’ve always liked leupold but their entry level scope with an illuminated reticle is like $600.