Sig Kilo6k HD binos and Kestrel

skxf430

FNG
A total noob question.

I have the Sig Kilo6k's and they only provide a built in range for Applied Ballistics to 800 yards. I understand by connecting a Kestrel 5700/X to the Sig's, they will provide further range upwards of 2,000+ yards. When connected, is the Kestrel providing all the Ballstics and wind info from 800 yards and up? Or, is it providing that info at any range. And, is it that much more accurate than the built in Applied Ballistics?

Thanks for any info.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
  1. Hit range button and get a valid range
  2. Binos spit range value to the kestral via Bluetooth
  3. Kestral runs ballistics and spits dope back to binos via Bluetooth
I had the sig 3ks and that is how it worked. You could watch the yardage change on your kestral by shooting ranges with the binos.

OP
S

skxf430

FNG
I had the sig 3ks and that is how it worked. You could watch the yardage change on your kestral by shooting ranges with the binos.
Thanks, I will try it out.

Johnc427

Lil-Rokslider
Does it actually spit the dope out into the Binos?? I was told by Sig it would only give dope on the kestrel and it just used the range from the Binos? Interested to know as I was looking at a set of 6k for NRL

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Does it actually spit the dope out into the Binos?? I was told by Sig it would only give dope on the kestrel and it just used the range from the Binos? Interested to know as I was looking at a set of 6k for NRL
yes that's how my 3k's worked. I doubt they changed that on the 6k's.
At the price of the 6k's I would recommend getting the fury 5000's anyway though.

Last edited:

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
When connected, is the Kestrel providing all the Ballstics and wind info from 800 yards and up?
Sorry OP I didn't fully answer your questions. If linked, the kestral will do all the dope calcs that your binos range inside 800yards and past 800 yards.

I can't comment on how accurate the "built in" Applied Ballistics is, because I never used it