Sig Kilo 6k Compact 10x32 vs other ~$1,000 LRF Binos

alexnelon

FNG
Does anybody smarter than me have any experience with the compact Sig LRF binos?

I'm not willing to take a two year break from hunting so $3-$5k for binos is never gonna happen, and I'm pretty sure that bad LRF binos are more useful than good 8x or 10x glass, so where I'm at is basically, what is the best of the worst?

Vortex (non-AB), GPO, Sig, Burris, Bushnell, there are a ton of options around $800-$1,000 so I really want to suss out which one is the lesser of all evils before I pull the trigger.

Opinions? Experience?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: ZDR

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Does anybody smarter than me have any experience with the compact Sig LRF binos?

I'm not willing to take a two year break from hunting so $3-$5k for binos is never gonna happen, and I'm pretty sure that bad LRF binos are more useful than good 8x or 10x glass, so where I'm at is basically, what is the best of the worst?

Vortex (non-AB), GPO, Sig, Burris, Bushnell, there are a ton of options around $800-$1,000 so I really want to suss out which one is the lesser of all evils before I pull the trigger.

Opinions? Experience?

Thanks in advance.

The Sig Kilo 6k’s have a very distinct and noticeable blue tint. They aren’t unusable by any stretch, but they aren’t great either.

If you do not absolutely require ballistics, the Leica Geovid R’s are really good, and better optics than anything less expensive. Of those you listed the Vortex Fury’s are your best option overall.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks

Sandstrom

WKR
A&A optics has the vortex fury 5000 ab “refurbished” for $1025.00 I just picked up a pair, they have the same warranty (lifetime) as a new pair. So far I am happy!
Ryan

ZDR

WKR

Opinions? Experience?

Thanks in advance

I tried the Sig Kilo 6K 32 & 42mm models, the new Leupold BX-4 HD RF and Athlon RF bins and ended up with the GPO 10x40 Rangeguides. The GPO were optically better than all of the above and the RF function works well for bowhunting and 3D. The Leupold were very close in performance but were heavy and the ergonomics were poor. The Sig has the best RF function, but optics were not nearly as good as the GPO.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’ve had 6k 8x32 for about 18 months now. I don’t notice the blue tint on the 32mm as much as the 42 but I’m sure it’s there.

I personally like the weight. They are half pound lighter than anything else I’ve used and carry nicely. They will never be my primary glassing source to find game on a big game hunt.

But for white tail, limited distance archery or rifle, and shooting comps it’s proved perfect for my uses.

The RF and solver has been good enough to hit small plates out to 1000yds in a few different DA environments. I still feel like sig RF is best. I do wish their glass was a tad better.

Reactions: ZDR