Sig Kilo 3K

My Leupold RX 1400 finally has quit on me. I am a bowhunter and if I do any rifle hunting it is with my kids and it is 200 yards or less shots. I’m intrigued by the Kilo 3K but have heard some mixed results on them. For those of you that have used this RF, what are your thoughts? I have been a big fan of the Leupold RFs and the only reason I am even looking at the Sig is they have a 5 yr warranty vs a 2 for Leupold. The Sig also has some cool archery features and the BaseMap feature. The Full Draw 5 is probably the Cadillac of archery RFs but I’d like to hear from anyone who has first hand knowledge on the Sig Killo 3K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Split toe

WKR
My Leupold RX 1400 finally has quit on me. I am a bowhunter and if I do any rifle hunting it is with my kids and it is 200 yards or less shots. I’m intrigued by the Kilo 3K but have heard some mixed results on them. For those of you that have used this RF, what are your thoughts? I have been a big fan of the Leupold RFs and the only reason I am even looking at the Sig is they have a 5 yr warranty vs a 2 for Leupold. The Sig also has some cool archery features and the BaseMap feature. The Full Draw 5 is probably the Cadillac of archery RFs but I’d like to hear from anyone who has first hand knowledge on the Sig Killo 3K.

I believe Sig now has a lifetime warranty on their electro-optics such as rangefinders, I believe they announced that in the spring. I have the Kilo 8K and it is badass.

zpearo

Lil-Rokslider
I have a kilo 3k and mostly it's great. Just had a good experience with getting a warranty replacement after there was an internal optics problem.

Note that the BaseMap features don't work unless you pay for BaseMap premium. I am an OnX user, so will not also pay for BaseMap. The Sig BDX app does have a button you can press to send your ranged distance straight to OnX (you then have to point your phone in the right direction to place a marker on the spot in OnX).

It gives ranges quickly, does angle compensation for bow or rifle shots, and has ballistics capabilities. And it doesn't fog up in damp weather like my brother's Vortex. Very happy with it.

OP
B
I have a kilo 3k and mostly it's great. Just had a good experience with getting a warranty replacement after there was an internal optics problem.

Note that the BaseMap features don't work unless you pay for BaseMap premium. I am an OnX user, so will not also pay for BaseMap. The Sig BDX app does have a button you can press to send your ranged distance straight to OnX (you then have to point your phone in the right direction to place a marker on the spot in OnX).

It gives ranges quickly, does angle compensation for bow or rifle shots, and has ballistics capabilities. And it doesn't fog up in damp weather like my brother's Vortex. Very happy with it.

I have the full version of BaseMap. When you say it’s mostly great is the issue of it not working with free BaseMap the reason you’d say mostly great?

zpearo

Lil-Rokslider
I have the full version of BaseMap. When you say it’s mostly great is the issue of it not working with free BaseMap the reason you’d say mostly great?

Mostly great because:

(1) I did have a problem that required warranty, but Sig was super easy to deal with so no problems. I received a brand new replacement about a week after I sent in my rangefinder for RMA.

(2) the BaseMap issue. Sig uses it as a main advertising point that you can send a marker to BaseMap and go straight there, and I think it's false advertising if that feature requires another subscription. I'd have no problem if they just advertise it a different way than they do now, which just seems scammy.