Sig Cross

I'm sorta eyeing a Sig Cross for my kids to shoot. Yeah I know there's a lot more budget friendly rifles out there that shoot well.
But I like the weight and how compact it is. Then the stock in the shortest configuration is basically a youth stock. And I just bought two suppressor (which hopefully will clear in time for season) and the Cross is threaded.
Also it'd be easy to add a small arca rail for a tripod.

I was looking too and see there's some after market barrels out there that aren't that spendy. It'd be slick to get a 6 Creed barrel on it.

Any feed back on them after they've been out for a while? Just seems to check all the boxes. And really the price doesn't seem too bad for a higher end bolt gun.

Not sure what cal I'd get. Probably Creed as I remember as a kid having a helluva time understanding the drop of my 308. I still like the 308 but from 100-300 they definitely aren't as flat as the newer offerings. But then again my girls are 10x smarter than I was at their age

Just kinda neat to see the options these days for kid friendly guns that weren't around 25 years ago.

RussDXT

WKR
I’d recommend it. Been hunting with one since they were released and they are great. I’ve had mine in rough conditions with no problems. Put a nx8 2.5x20 on it. I use it when I’m in NC for whitetail.

Avonac

Lil-Rokslider
I think you will enjoy it. Mine shoots good and it could easily be configured into a youth rifle. Schnee’s is selling carbon barrels that use your extension. Proof has also teased replacement barrels.

SuperBoot

FNG
I think for a kick around truck gun to pop coyotes/deer or a kid gun they’re solid. Mine wasn’t super impressive, about a 5” gun at 300yds with all the flavors of Hornady match/precision hunter. The handguard is super flimsy too, I could make the end of the handguard touch the barrel by tweaking it side to side.

Very handy and light though, and if you wanted to get a barrel spun for it to remedy the “eh” accuracy there are plenty of smiths doing them now.

I'm sorta eyeing a Sig Cross for my kids to shoot. Yeah I know there's a lot more budget friendly rifles out there that shoot well.
But I like the weight and how compact it is. Then the stock in the shortest configuration is basically a youth stock. And I just bought two suppressor (which hopefully will clear in time for season) and the Cross is threaded.
Also it'd be easy to add a small arca rail for a tripod.

I was looking too and see there's some after market barrels out there that aren't that spendy. It'd be slick to get a 6 Creed barrel on it.

Any feed back on them after they've been out for a while? Just seems to check all the boxes. And really the price doesn't seem too bad for a higher end bolt gun.

Not sure what cal I'd get. Probably Creed as I remember as a kid having a helluva time understanding the drop of my 308. I still like the 308 but from 100-300 they definitely aren't as flat as the newer offerings. But then again my girls are 10x smarter than I was at their age

Just kinda neat to see the options these days for kid friendly guns that weren't around 25 years ago.
I’ve got in a 6.5creed. Very accurate gun out of the box even with factory ammo. Also have friends with 308s. They all seem to be shooters. You won’t be disappointed.

OP
TradLife406
I’ve got in a 6.5creed. Very accurate gun out of the box even with factory ammo. Also have friends with 308s. They all seem to be shooters. You won’t be disappointed.

Thanks! It seems most people like em. Just can't seem to find anything else that checks all the boxes the Cross does for 1400 bucks.
There's some nice sporter style rifles that'd work but I don't want to have to take the gun into a smith to be threaded. I think every gun in 2023 should be factory threaded lol.

Thanks! It seems most people like em. Just can't seem to find anything else that checks all the boxes the Cross does for 1400 bucks.
There's some nice sporter style rifles that'd work but I don't want to have to take the gun into a smith to be threaded. I think every gun in 2023 should be factory threaded lol.
Agree 100%. Issue I’ve run into as well. Most people these days want to use suppressor or brake. Why not thread everything to have it if you want it.

I absolutely hated mine. The biggest POS on it is their sorry excuse for a butt stock. There's wiggle where it mounts to the frame no matter how much you tighten that bolt, when folded it's super floppy and janky, and the LOP adjustment is terrible. No matter how much you tighten it it will collapse from time to time. I did like their design of the cheek height adjustment, that works great and I like how the lever locks but every else about that buttstock is a POS.

It was accurate, 3/4 MOA with several loads but the barrel was absolutely rough as **** and copper fouled like crazy.

I wouldn't take another one if it was free.

mullmann

Lil-Rokslider
My shooting buddy has one in 6.5 creed with the 18” barrel. He had an issue with the trigger as it was an early model, but other than that he has had good luck. He sent it back and sig fixed it very quickly. He shoots only factory ammo and so far all the Hornady eld m and x has shot well. He likes to shoot ten shot groups and he shoots fast.

I am not a fan, but for some they work. I agree with redneckbmxer24. The stock and folder need work. Trying to get that thing to fold is a pain.

Rieckman

Lil-Rokslider
I have two. Both shoot well. I haven't had any issues from the stock or anything like that. Both mine lock up tight and don't move. Folding it is tough at first, but after you get the hang of it, it's fine.

My 308 shooting copper did foul pretty bad once, but after I removed that it's been great.

I had one in .308. It was accurate, no issues with the stock unlocking or anything like that, but for a hunting rifle, I really felt like it needed a three position safety that locked the bolt on 'safe'. When carrying the rifle on my pack or Gun Bearer and hunting thick areas, I had issues with the bolt getting knocked open. It drove me absolutely nuts.