Sig Cross Magum 300WM released

Larry100

FNG
Just trying to get everyone’s initial thoughts on the gun. At 8.9lbs dry would you take it on a mountain hunt ?

I was excited for sig to release this gun in more calibers. But the weight makes me question my interest.

I’m pretty interested but I’m not seeing a definitive price yet. Any info on pricing? I have a feeling it will be pushing over $2k……if that’s the case I’m probably out.

Still intrigued by these as a value folding chassis gun. However, the bare gun weighs as much as my tikka 300 WM topped with an nx8. Tough to justify if you are counting ounces IMO.

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider
that is in the realm of appropriate weight for a .30 cal magnum.

That is crazy they chambered in .300 wm??? Wth…

my fully scoped regular Seekins PH2 in 300 wm weighs less. Im not a weight weenie, but wouldn't want to be humping that at 12000 feet. I will say its kinda fun that they chambered it in 300wm.

jreyna

FNG
I can't remember where I saw it, but they are saying it'll be around the $2500 MSRP and that the action is long enough for 300 PRC and the barrels swap easier. I think this'll end up being more of a "value-minded" (and I use that term loosely) person who doesn't want to fork over Barrett MRADs money. If this thing came wiht a sendero light carbon barrel it'd be more attractive to me.

Regarding the current Sig Crosses. I have one in 6.5 cm and it's absurd how accurate it is. I know they crapped the bed on the initial rollout, but it's been a solid performer for me. I wish I would have gotten it in a .308 and it's a bummer that Sig hasn't released the .277 fury barrels (part only) yet.

I would call Sig and ask how much the barrel weighs. When proof comes out with a carbon barrel that will probably save you a pound

I was disappointed to see the weight gain. Short-action crosses are multiple lbs lighter. I am still hoping we get to see short mag caliber crosses with weights similar to the .308 and 6.5 versions.