Sig 3000 BDX LRF Binos - Still competitive in 2024?

I've been contemplating upgrading my binos and vortex 3000HD to a dedicated set of LRF binos. As a new dad, funds are a bit tight, so I've been looking at secondhand Sig 3000BDX LRFs as a friend is using them at the moment and rates them highly. My only concern is that they are now nearly 5yo tech, which is a long time in the world of electronics. Is there any other entry level LRF Binos I should be comparing or do the 3000 BDXs still stack up well in 2024?

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
I still run my Sig 3000 BDX from a few years ago. They’re great and provide accurate range and drop out to 800yds. There are better options out there but for $500ish they’re a steal. Not sure id pay $800+ today.

Cascade_Sherpa

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair that I was pleasantly surprised how good the glass was, and especially has fast and accurate the range finding electronics work....I think they are a great option at that price point.

OP
J
I still run my Sig 3000 BDX from a few years ago. They’re great and provide accurate range and drop out to 800yds. There are better options out there but for $500ish they’re a steal. Not sure id pay $800+ today.
Thanks for the feedback, good to hear the solver works well for you. I'll have to keep an eye out for a cheap secondhand set here.

I recently sold a pair of the sigs. I think they are a pretty sweet piece of kit at the prices they are selling for used. Picked up a Leica 3200.com last summer. The Sigs have a significantly better laser, user interface, and Bluetooth. The newer and more expensive units seem to have more and better functions but if you just want a fast and reliable rangefinder to far beyond reasonable shooting distances I think the 3000s still are a viable choice, especially if you pair them with a kestrel.

The Sig has Bluetooth connectivity which the other two do not. Looking at the specs the Leupold has an onboard solver, but it looks like the Burris only provides range from the information I found. I’m not sure how the AB lite (or whatever is onboard with the sigs) and the Leupold solver compare. From my experience the laser in the Sig is better than the 3000 would indicate.

changher

FNG
The Sig has Bluetooth connectivity which the other two do not. Looking at the specs the Leupold has an onboard solver, but it looks like the Burris only provides range from the information I found. I’m not sure how the AB lite (or whatever is onboard with the sigs) and the Leupold solver compare. From my experience the laser in the Sig is better than the 3000 would indicate.
Any idea on image clarity between them?

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
Any idea on image clarity between them?

Between Leupold and Sig I doubt you'd notice a difference. I tried my buddies Swaro EL range binos and those are noticeably better but not enough to make me switch. I hated the slow response of the Swaro compared to my 3000 BDX.

I'm itching to upgrade but these things just work.